Marten Transportation SUCKS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by shdwman, Feb 24, 2009.

1. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    Ditto, I bumped an intermodal container (no damage to either trailer) and was terminated after one week of employment. It sure looks like they did me a favor! :biggrin_25522: They dinged my DAC too.

My friend there is on probation for too much line 5 driving after he was told to bring a trailer into the shop. He told them he was out of hours and was told to bring it in anyway.

No more mega's for me ever again!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    I just got an email with the subject "While you were out, I did some research online." It was another Melton admail. So now they've sunk so low they are using spam email lines.

4. therobot

therobot Bobtail Member

May 20, 2008
    I quit Marten when they consistantly only got me 1500-2200 miles a week for about 1/2 a year. I complained that I couldn't make a living and they couldn't have cared less. I rarely went home to try to get miles. That didn't work either.

5. therobot

therobot Bobtail Member

May 20, 2008
    In the Marten manual it even specifies that breaking the bead on a tire is a preventable accident. They spend one whole day in orientation going over all the things they can terminate you for. They also tell you their list is not all inclusive; they can fire you for anything at any time should they fell the knee jerk reaction to do so. That should be your first warning right there.

6. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    And they based in a RIGHT TO WORK State.
    In short they can fire any one at any time for no reason.

7. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Well, this has been a stressfull day for me. Picked up a rail load in new bergen,n.j. this morning at 5 am.Got lost sunday evening going to the place.Lucky traffic was lite. Then aft delivering the load 30 miles down the road, I was headed for the budweiser plant going down the fwy when I noticed the arched overpasses with only 12 foot clearence in the fast lane and the slow lane.I went down the middle lane. No other trucks in sight, only me. Here I was on a parkway with no trucks allowed. I didnt get busted, but all the 4 wheelers were probally laughing. I hardly ever go to the extreme east coast. Weekend dispatch tried to send me to the Bronx, but I told them forget it. This evening Im in maryland,headed to albany,ny tomorrow. I want to go west! (p.s. I almost had to change my shorts when i figured out i was on that parkway):brushteeth::fart:

8. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Ran across one of your guys up at a Meijers DC up in MI last week - we were standing around talking while getting unloaded. Told me he was refused a washout reimbursement - going to pickup a meat load after using that same trailer for hazmat load. HUH?? How screwed-up is that??

9. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    Ya they don't automatcally allow us washouts.
    First you have to go the shipper, get rejected, , get name of the perosn who rejected the dirty trailer, then dispatch has to call and verifi you were rejected and for what reason.

Personally, i have never had a problem. I always tell them there is dried blood or sticky stuff all over the floor, and i will not waste my time doing the above thing. If my dispatcher refuses to pay me back i go thier thier boss , all the way up to ladder. Even then if they refuse to pay me back, i calim it on taxes, non reimburshable work exspense.

10. Saienga

Saienga Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2009
    I'm sorry for your blood pressure. I'm parked in Maryland waiting to reload in DE in the morning...and I'm on the Upper Midwest Regional board.

's what I get for saying yes, I suppose.

11. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Over here we're required to get washouts after every load. Doesn't always happen, especially when I'm running behind, and I'm picking up a dry load that won't care. We get rejected, and you can plan on explaining "why" to management. Night and day difference!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.