maverick pay cut

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by maverick1, May 4, 2009.

1. maverick1

maverick1 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2009
    gadsden al.
    have been with maverick for a little over a year.overall i have been satisfied until recently.was just notified about 2 weeks ago. that our weekend pay has been cut by over 50%.maybe doesnt effect all of drivers but does effect quiet a few i am in u.s. division and get hungout oftenfor the weekend .maverick advertises drivers being home 85%-98%of weekends.more like 65%- 70% for some of us.doesnt seem right that they can just cut our pay at will.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    There are a lot of companies cutting pay rates to try and keep afloat in this economy. I guess its better to have a job and take a cut in pay than to have no job at all. I know some places are cutting wages accross the board, and that probably is true for Maverick as well, its not just the drivers that are feeling the pinch.

Maybe some time soon the economy will pick up BUT I wonder with all the pork they are dishin out in DC if there is any chance of that.

sarge26044 Thanks this.
  4. c4speedracer

c4speedracer Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Fort Mill SC
    what if you want to stay on the road as long as possible? i am not really interested in home time, i would rather take whatever time off wherever i happen to be at the time.

5. teampitts3

teampitts3 Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    Maverick has a long haul division. You stay out longer. The "US" division is really I35 - East. More of a super regional. They attempt to get you home every week even though in this economy it's much more difficult.

sarge26044 Thanks this.
  6. sarge26044

sarge26044 Road Train Member

May 24, 2009
    Louisville, ky
    actually their most recent advertisements are on avg 90% of the fleet home on weekends. In these hard economic times I'm glad Maverick took a good look at ways to cut costs and decided to act rather than hoping things will get better. getting paid to 800 was nice if hung out over the weekend but i'd rather have a job and be hung out than not working at all.

7. sarge26044

sarge26044 Road Train Member

May 24, 2009
    Louisville, ky
    Great attitude to have as a professional driver. I took this job expecting to be hung out over the weekend from time to time. If i get home on the weekend I'm thankful that everything worked out that way. whether it was because i ended the week in a good freight lane with a load going through or within acceptable oor milage of the house, or my fm arranged a swap, whatever the reason, its just good to get home in my case to my wife and newborn daughter.

sewerman Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.