Maverick trainer question

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Thunderhorse, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Thunderhorse

Thunderhorse Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Killeen tx
    For anyone that is interested I've been working for maverick for a while now since I posted this. I kinda forgot that I posted this. Thanks to everyone that replied.

2. CP1993

CP1993 Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2015
    How are you liking the company ? I'm thinking about leaving my current company to apply for their dedicated home Dailey and weekends off position out of NC

3. Thunderhorse

Thunderhorse Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Killeen tx
    Man I would do it if I were you. If I lived in the hiring area to get a dedicated home daily job I would go for it. I'm glass OTR and so far they have treated me pretty good. If I had issues, personal or family emergencies they have been very understanding and allowed me to take care of them. They were very patient when I went through training ( I needed a little more time due to backing ) Sometimes I have some #####es and gripes but for my first driving job it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

4. JimmyJohnTexas

JimmyJohnTexas Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2016
    You know what, your correct. I didn't have my daily dose of diesel fuel fumes, I lost my mind for a moment, LOl. I didn't look at their glass division info, so I just learned something new

5. elroy33

elroy33 Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2012
    How does the training go? I already have my CDL , I live in VA. Do you get home on weekends? How long is orientation? Time with trainer?

6. rda2580

rda2580 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Lower Michigan
    Depends on the business unit you choose! Flatbed is home on weekends! Not guaranteed though. Orientation 2 weeks and possibly 21 days with a trainer. Some guys come with experience and still want to go with a trainer, they work with you!

elroy33 Thanks this.
  7. exhawkeye

exhawkeye Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Forney,TX
    USA div stays out min 2 weeks. They make 2 cpm more than regonial flatbed. Orientation is 4 days. It's a job interview, they keep an eye on eveeyone. Don't be late to class, turn ur phone off during class, and be respectful. Treat them the way u want to be treated.
    The best advise when with a trainer is stay as long as possible. The longer u r with a trainer the easier the job will be when u r on ur own. I was a trainer with TCD, I always kept my students 5 weeks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.