Maverick Transportation, LLC - North Little Rock, Ar.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by wonderman, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stinger188

Stinger188 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2006
    If the CDL testing goes well, I'll start orientation on Sunday in Little Rock. Glad to hear everything is still going well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drive55cat

drive55cat Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Pa
    A no-nonesense company that is a little different, after a short career of only ten months back in 2000 and before, they started me at .39 CPM and put me into a 2006 frgtlnr century sleeper. Orientation was the most intense of any of the four that I attended, one was Shcnieder national, another Gainey, the third was Donmoyer. The focus seems to be that people are expected to do thier jobs, they do not have dispatchers at this company. I have been able to keep up at a brisk pace, I like the company and hope that after the three months of probation that i still have my job here. My area is flat bed, I want to be more active than just driving the truck. Good pay, good bennies, good equipment and a no nonesense attitude have changed the way I think about the company.
    drive55cat

4. drive55cat

Mar 3, 2007
    Pa
    I have a nice picture of a mav truck, mine but I don't know if I can post or not, look for my handle I wll try some different venues. drive55cat

5. drive55cat

Mar 3, 2007
    Pa
    Some where in this site is a picture of my 2006 maverick frgtlnr.
    drive55cat

6. Droopy

Droopy Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Georgia
    You young people entering into trucking need to know the facts! Maverick is not the place to be! These crooks will trap you into something you know nothing about yet. But in a few weeks you'll wish you had ran in the oppisite direction!! Trust me you'll understand as soon as you complete the schooling at Newport, Ark. Whatever you do,DO NOT GO TO LAURENBURG,N.C. to the glass division. (run by all Schneider personal) They treat drivers like dirt, take there money, keep them gone forever, then forget to pay them if they decide to even pay them at all. This the most unorginazed company(bunch of jerks) you will ever see... RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. tbird318

tbird318 Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2007
    lily pond, georgia
    As a maverick driver,or should i say ex-maverick driver,as of 03-08-07 I would like to just give everyone of you a real outlook and expectation of this not so perfect "perfect" company.What you can expect from these chumps is lengthy layovers,spending money out of your own pocket to operate their trucks,fighting for your pay,thousands of miles they never intend on paying you for,forced to run illegally to make the impossible happen,making family life a thing of the past,constant battle with your stl just to operate from day to day. People the list goes on and on. Im new to this forum and was shocked at some of the REAL ignorance some guys have typed on here by stating that this is a reputable and great company to work for. The negative statements I've read are by far drastically underexagerated. As I finished up my career with maerick as a specialized driver, I did however drive with their flatbed fleet for a while before making the switch. Unlike many of the other guys that bow down to maverick, I'm not your typical school boy truck driver. I have been in the industry for many years and know what to expect from a company. For anyone who may still be in disbelief of just how bad the company's situation is as a whole (meaning specialized and the transportation side) let me make this known, any of u can feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns u may have at any time. I along with 75 other fellow maverick drivers are making a stand to just try to keep as many new people from making the same financial,physical,and mental mistakes we did with maverick. In our band of brothers it is a mixture of half specialized and half transportation guys. my tractor number was 56004 as i would love to disclose all others im leaving it to them as it isn't my place to violate their privacy. Make no mistake!!!! This company has not,does not, and never will care about the real people who make things happen,their drivers. In my opinion be money ahead and have mcdonalds teach u to wash lettuce. o/o tim"tbird

8. drive55cat

Mar 3, 2007
    Pa
    I know I am not the most experianced guy around, and I am sorry to hear about your problems with Maverick. I do not run as an O/O for this company, I cannot really contest what you have stated in your reply. However I did run as an O/O for another company and I can understand where your coming from. I believe if you can work your way through all the negative stuff and make on time deliveries, you can make it work. This is some of the best maintained equipment that I have ever operated. I look at other trucks as well as other Mav trucks and I think they do a good job. I know they have some issues with the specialized but I think you can expect that as they are transitional right now. From my personal experiance they are as good or better than any transport company I have worked with or subbed with. Good luck with your new outfit. drive55cat

9. tbird318

tbird318 Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2007
    lily pond, georgia
    I've been with the specialized division (note orange paint on my truck pic)Laurenburg term. not the maroon fleet of autoshifts [deleted] at LR Ark. However same jerks own both .If we get screwed they are getting screwed too, however [deleted] they probably are coming up short and getting taken advantage of also! :biggrin_25518: [deleted]

10. TurboTrucker

TurboTrucker Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    The specialized division is new, and it surely will have some problems while they work out the kinks. Maverick's reputation is a bit higher on the scale than what is being offered by a couple of people, but your opinions are yours to keep, and relate.

Just be careful not to let those who feel as if they have had a bad experience carry over into some reason to down others for their defense of the company.

11. dstockwell

dstockwell Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2006
    Georgia
    I say this is driver error. I am still in school and am still researching who to drive for, but I have to say, I will not pay anything out of my pocket, they either provide comm checks, or some other means, but not my pocket, thats not part of the job.

If this is true, then the company is not much to speak of

This is another one of those driver things, no one forces you to run illegal, you choose to do it. If you get caught is any company going to advocate it, or take the blame...Nope..

On paper they seemed to be better than most until they bought Schneider's specialized, then maybe thats when things went down hill, I don't know.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.