Maverick Transportation

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by stevedb28, Aug 4, 2007.

1. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

I don't know about the TV I have never had one in a truck. Most that I know use TV/ dvd players or TV/VHS players. There is a antena wire in the truck for the TV, but I know nothing about satellites. You can buy the inverter or just get a cooler that plugs into the truck's battery supply. There are cubby holes for the cooler and TV. There are some other cubby holes that I keep crammed full of stuff that you could get a microwave in if it were a small one. Or you could stow one under your bunk till you need it. Good luck at Maverick! I think you picked a great company! Keep in touch let me know how you like it!:mcool:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. knightbringer

knightbringer Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    Hey, looking for a good company to hook up with and was told about Maverick. They sound good from what ya'll have said, but what kind of equipment is used? I'm assuming flatbeds from what I read, but I also had one guy tell me they use autos? Any other info would be appreciated.

4. knightbringer

knightbringer Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    Dude, do not go to Werner. Run for your Life!

5. eamac

eamac Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    The Maverick Gods have finally spoken, I finally got preapproval this morning. Whew.... It is a relief. I went to Werner orientation last thursday where they failed me on my physical for having poison ivy, what a joke. As I was sitting arround my house waiting for my poison ivy to cure, I kept in touch with my maverick recruiter the whole time. It took them like 2 weeks to get everything in order from day one, but it looks like all the waiting will hopefully pay off. I am getting ready to call my recruiter back in a few minutes, then hopefully I will be off to Little Rock Sunday

6. the outcast

the outcast Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2007
    spring hill fla
    hey everyone! im fixin to start cdl school in 2 weeks im looking to maverick or roehl. i live in fla. but i want to move to tn in the spring emailed mav but havent got any replies in 2 weeks i guess i need to call. is it possible to get on livin in west coast fla. thanks

7. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

I have a freightshaker. We are a flatbed company. They have autos and manuals.

8. lamont1986

lamont1986 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Mississippi
    Notarps i'm from the Southern part of MISSISSIPI i've seen a couple of mav truck running up and down I-55 here in MS. You know if i would be able to get home on the weekends(mostly)? One more thing, i read on another post the the hometime equals up to a 34hour restart only. Example(come in on late friday night, leave out SUNDAY evening.) Is this true?

9. eamac

eamac Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Well, the waiting period for me is over, I am off to Little Rock Saturday evening. It took them about a week and a half from the day I got approved for them to schedule orientation. From what I read, this company is a godsend compared to werner. I hope the threads are right and I look forward to making some cash. They say drivers average between 2200-2500 miles a week, and start at 35 cents a mile, increased to 39 cents mile after 6 months and a $500 bonus after 6 months. One thing I did read is to stay the hell away from the specialized division, which I intend to. The specialized division was purchased from snider, and from what I read, it is still run by snider. I am going to run the US division, south regional.

10. HOUDINI

HOUDINI Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2007
    ILLINOIS
    I applied to Maverick for flatbed. Got a call today and was told I could not get into flatbed for 6-8 weeks. But I could get into the SPECIALIZED FREIGHT in 2 weeks. Heres where I need the advice.....is it worth the extra money ? I know most everyone has good things to say about Maverick....but I have not heard much of anything about the SPECIALIZED DIVISION. What is your advice ? I also have a phone interview Friday with Schneider ( van ) and have not heard back from Roehl yet. Lets hear it drivers. I want to make a decission by this weekend. I have been researching and talking about this for 3 months and probably changing my mind about which one I want to go with every day. This weekend I committ or either committ myself one of the two.:biggrin_2551:

11. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I just answered the PM you sent me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.