Maverick vs Melton

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by jfarmga, Jun 14, 2016.

1. jfarmga

jfarmga Bobtail Member

May 4, 2016
    Yorktown, Indiana
    I graduated Truck Driving School in March and I am now finally ready to start my driving career. I have chosen to do flatbedding as I look forward to the challenge and the physical exercise/work that will hopefully keep me in shape. I have been accepted by both Maverick Transportation and Melton Truck Lines. Any body have any quality information on either company and any idea as to which company is best between the two? any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Just different ends of the same turd

4. macavoy

macavoy Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    There is enough research about both companies on here that if you have experience to ask the question, you are already headed down the wrong path.

johndeere4020 Thanks this.
  5. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Maverick would get you home on weekends right? What pay are they offering you on both? List everything-stop, tarp, os, detention, layover, believe both are mileage pay, training pay, length of training, etc.

6. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    Do a search. This question has been asked thousands of times.

skootertrashr6 and johndeere4020 Thank this.
  7. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    You want a blue truck with go with Melton, you want a maroon truck go with Maverick. Thank you for using our service. Run along now and report back. Now serving customer #45

8. JimmyJohnTexas

JimmyJohnTexas Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2016
    JFarmga,
    You asked a loaded question. Unfortunately you cant go to Consumer Reports like you would when buying a car or anything, so your stuck with the thoughts, the crying, the baseless opinions and the straight scoop of the trucking community.
    Word of caution if your going to stick around here, be careful what you ask because you will get way too many opinions and a good bit of fact.
    What did you ask your recruiter? did he or she come off as bs'ing you or giving you the truth? how do I know, you may be thinking.
    Well if the guy or girl comes across as a driver, your probably getting the straight skinny, if they sound like a sales person, giving you all the good and none of the bad, they are bs'ing you.

When I looked at all the available information, I looked at length of haul, equipment, training, drivers video's, home time, requirements to get in, passenger policy, if they were putting a whole lot of information about leasing versus company driver, the history of the company, how they are perceived in the industry.

From all that, I made a decision and I believe it was the right one. I was going to go with Trans am but the thought of hauling refrigerated freight again, really did not sound appealing.

9. trucking68

trucking68 Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Who did you end up going with and how do you like it?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.