Maverick will still give me a chance

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by k51977blazer, Jan 25, 2012.

1. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Since they updated my program, I can not.drive mine in manual all the time now. I start in manual and once I am rolling I.switch it to auto.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Just saying you have 27 years behind you does not tell me enough.

4. sparkn

sparkn Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    USA
    I can't stand driving in auto. The shift points are all whack. The worst one is 10 to 9. The shift rpm is slightly too high (about 25 rpm to high), so it attempts to shift, beeps and aborts. But, it slows the vehicle down and tries it again. I lose 4 mph while climbing hills while it figures things out. In manual, I just wait and upshift as late as possible, which is completely necessary because the rpm limits set a VERY narrow rpm band.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  5. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    My personal beliefs are, companies went to autos because it was cheaper on maintenance constantly putting and clutches, driveline and rear ends.

Because of poor driving. Personally myself I will take a 13 speed and a clutch all day long. The only thing I drive that's auto is my truck at maverick. All vehicles I own have stirring sticks.

In 500,000 miles I have not had any problems with the autos clutch or transmission. But I drive my truck very easily. And I manually shift the truck.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.