Maxxforce 13 how much blowby is acceptable

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by kubasj05, Jan 15, 2019.

1. kubasj05

kubasj05 Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2013
    It is 2012 maxxforce 13, recently bought it with 238k on the clock. Put about 1.5k since and noticed a oily moisture on the top of front axle. Also, crankcase ventilation tube is slightly oily. My question is: Should I replace CCOC along with jet plate now before it creates issues or is it OK to keep on driving like that? How much oil from the tube is no issue.
    Thanks for advice
    - Jacob

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jlafume

jlafume Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Victorville,Ca
    Its either your crank case filter is full or the oil separator is not working

4. kubasj05

Apr 18, 2013
    Does it mean that there should be no oil residue coming from the breather pipe otherwise it indicates that there is issue you described, am I correct?

5. kubasj05

Apr 18, 2013
    Anyone care to share a CCOS replacement procedure. I'd very much appreciate your help

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    They all slobber a bit. Even a brand new truck will leave some droplets. When the CCOS fail, it will leave oil all over the place. With your mileage, I would just drive it.

7. kubasj05

Apr 18, 2013
    Thanks Heavyd, my truck had been recently serviced with new hot/cold egr cooler cores and egr valve plus dpf+doc cleaned. I'm trying to keep sharp maintenance of all systems especially keeping the oil from entering the intake.

8. Wannabe tech

Wannabe tech Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Want me to get mitchells one? Im on the road right now...... they are a pain in the ### to change and im pretty sure they arent cheap....

9. cprems

cprems Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Crank Case Oil Separator failure? where is the CCOS? Our maxxforce just dumped oil everywhere and I won't know until the morning where it was coming from (driver will check in the AM) I'm hoping this is a hose or something that is pretty quick and cheap to fix.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  10. kubasj05

Apr 18, 2013
    CCOS module is mounted just behind/next to oil filter, towards rear of the engine. It has roughly 1" diameter 90 degree plastic elbow coming out from the top that connects to a blowby rubber pipe/hose. I got quote from the dealer just last week and the bad news is that CCOS cost is $610 and the "jet plate" $370 so not cheap. Replacement doesn't seem to be so bad, 3-4 hours maybe.
    Good luck fixing yours,

11. kubasj05

Apr 18, 2013
    If you have one available that would be great and if you can post it here on forums or send it to me somehow at your earliest convenience, I'd appreciate that very much.
    -Jacob

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.