Maxxforce derate says scr error but the laptop isn’t showing anything wrong

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Maxxforce mess, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Maxxforce mess

Maxxforce mess Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2023
    I have an International Lt with a Maxxforce engine. It set a code of 5246. Scr error. Changed bad Nox sensor. Done several forced regens but the derate & Scr error code still on. The mechanic has run every test in the book. Everything seems to be working properly but the Scr error still shows up… Why?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JB7

JB7 Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2022
    Are you saying that the mechanic cleared the code and it comes back? Or that he was not able to clear the code? Or did the mechanic expect the code to go away by itself after the sensor was replaced? Try disconnecting the battery for 5 or 10 minutes, reconnect, start the engine and see what happens. If you still can't get rid of the code the next step would be to have the ECM updated.

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    That code is for SCR driver inducement, meaning you drove too long with an active fault. Those codes cannot be cleared with generic software. You need to see someone with Navistar Engine Diagnostics to reset the SCR fault reset request parameter.

YardMule89 and JB7 Thank this.
  5. Goodie123

Goodie123 Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2022
    This one I use and it resets most codes so far https://amzn.to/44zUOJ3 before this one I used the cheaper versions and options,but this one saves money after ONE USE!

6. Inderjit

Inderjit Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2017
    You need to force a regen then the driver inducement code should go inactive then it can be deleted.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.