May training

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Git_R_Done, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Git_R_Done

Git_R_Done Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Maricopa, Arizona
    Jedi have you started with May yet if so keep us updated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jedi_tev

jedi_tev Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Waiting on my driver trainer as we speak!!! I've finished orientation yesterday. Very excited. Have all that I need. The drive test is given on the first day, you're taken out to see how you drive and then you asked to back you in an alley dock. They also have a lot of manuvers they want you to do, to see how well you handle the truck and back up. They want to see if you know what you're doing backing and if you get the concept.

4. yzfster

yzfster Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    how was orientation?? Anything I need to look at for?? If things go right, hopefully i will be there on Monday. was going with KLLM but jedi told me bout may and the western division. Sounds like a good deal to me.

5. Git_R_Done

Oct 25, 2008
    Maricopa, Arizona
    so how hard was the backing and manvering test? are they strict on the tests

6. Trucker Steve

Trucker Steve Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Phoenix az
    May does have some what a southwest region. It is called the "LOOP" It is a engineered lane in the southwest mainly LA area to PHX, AZ. Recently they scaled back the loop and the only drivers running it are senior drivers that have been on it!

Take care,
    Trucker Steve
    May Trucking:yes2557:

7. Trucker Steve

Trucker Steve Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Phoenix az

Are you a entry level driver? I am assuming you are. You will be going with a "teacher" so they don't expect perfect! Your new after all right?:biggrin_25520:

8. yzfster

yzfster Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    any pointers you can give a newbie since i might be starting Monday?? Any info would help.

9. Git_R_Done

Oct 25, 2008
    Maricopa, Arizona
    Hey it's Trucker Steve! I subscribe to all your youtube videos. you may know me as Bigdaddycanpimp on youtube. But anyways, yeah I'm an entry level driver I graduated in June but haven't driven since. I was looking for something local here in PHX, Az but nobody wants to hire entry level driver, so I was thinking about calling MTC up because I was prehired in June they told me to just call back when I was ready so I'm really thinking about it know.

10. cpassey

cpassey Light Load Member

I got a prehire to May too..Keep the good advice comming!

11. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    Good luck dude, you leaving Sunday to get there for Monday? Let me know how it goes!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.