May Trucking Forum Dead Silent

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Scooter Jones, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Ooops

Ooops Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Thx , I MAY check'em out!!

Knucklehead Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    There's lots of options out there right now. Take your time and don't feel pressured to jump at the first the opportunity that comes your way.

May has tried to do what they can to retain drivers by offering a few additional benefits here and there. They will pay for most of your schooling cost over a period of time of course. They have a guaranteed weekly salary in place for the first 90 days I believe. They do have nice trucks, mostly FL Cascadias. The refer trailers are nice too.

Good luck to you.

Ooops Thanks this.
  4. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    I've been running the western 11 states at May for about 6 months now. They are the only company I've driven for, but I've been happy with them. Like Scooter said, the reefers are pretty decent, but the dry vans are in pretty sad shape most of the time. Sometimes you've got to think like MacGyver if you want to slide your trailer tandems. They are the biggest source of frustration for me, but I get over it. The staff at the terminals have always been nice.

I had one guy rage out on me while driving on I-80 through a construction zone because I was governed at 61 and he was stuck behind me. So be prepared for a lot of people to get pissed at you when it's not even your fault.

Ooops and Scooter Jones Thank this.
  5. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    [​IMG]

6. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    May is an honest company. I successfully completed two lease purchase contracts there. I worked for the company and they treated me fairly. The lease purchase contracts were done one at a time.
    I would still be there but I developed severe night blindness. Retired in 2009

Ooops Thanks this.
  7. Ooops

Ooops Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Y would May consider hiring me as I reside in S Ga.? They must run freight this direction I assume.

8. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Does May hire out Pennsylvania, and more importantly, do they have, or are contemplating, driver cameras?

9. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    You might want to call recruiting out of Brooks, OR. I'm sure they can clarify what you're asking.

Ooops Thanks this.
  10. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    I've heard nothing about cameras.

11. TheDevilIsALie

TheDevilIsALie Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2017
    It's 61

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.