May Trucking from the start

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by jml2007, Jul 25, 2010.

1. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

You could always call Opel and BEG her to send you to Brooks on
    "the dog". Might work..................................

:biggrin_25523:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucker Steve

Trucker Steve Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Phoenix az

So do you know who is doing your orientation? Just wondering brother!

4. BrimyFiveEight

BrimyFiveEight Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Not yet. I will find out this Monday morning # 7 a.m. Why? Can you drop me a couple of names of who it might be and if I should bring him or her a Starbucks? Joking bro, I don't even suck up to my wife...:)

Be Safe When You Operate

5. Trucker Steve

Nov 9, 2008
    Phoenix az
    It was a pleasure meeting you today Brimy! Sorry I was not more talkative I'm a bit under the weather! Take care out there and good luck to you. If you need anything just drop me a line or call. My number is on F-book!

6. BrimyFiveEight

BrimyFiveEight Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've now finished with the 3 days of orientation in the Phoenix terminal. The facilitator flew down from Brooks and was really informative and did a great job not boring us with info. Thankx K and J. The first day started with a pee-pee test. Right after that, they had a company driver have us do a quick pre-trip, a short road test, and then a straight back in his rig. It was alot easier than I thought even after being out of school for 9 weeks. On the 3rd day everyone in the class was offered a driving job. I should hear from my trainer in 7-10 days to hit the road. Also, on the second day I was able to meet "Trucker Steve". Just so happened that he and his other team half (I know her name but haven't got the authorization to post it on here) had a load going out that morning from Phx. He sat in on orientation and put in his helpful 2 cents on a few things being covered. We then all went out to lunch on Mays dime. That was pretty cool as we felt like we could let our hair down and talk like real truckers...LOL...I spoke to a few drivers that were coming in for time off and they all spoke positive about working for May. I'm looking forward in shifting gears with May Trucking as it seems to be a good company to work for. I'll post more as time goes along.

Be Safe When You Operate

7. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    Congrats and welcome aboard!

8. Froglipz

Froglipz Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Welcome to May Brother... your in for a GREAT ride!!!!

9. Trucker Steve

Nov 9, 2008
    Phoenix az
    He sure is.. Welcome to the Family brother!

Sitting in brooks bro, hung out with the crew for a few hours, we got in around 245 this afternoon. We had dinner and a few drinks at AJ's, spending the night in the plush Renaissance :). Hung out with Brad to day, he gave me the gifts that you got for my son Mikey. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, your a great guy :). He will love his new play station and all the games! I look forward to hanging with ya soon. Take care out there brother!
    Sorry I haven't called lately, been a little un social but still wuv ya Kermy..

10. yumakidd

yumakidd Bobtail Member

May 26, 2010
    Oregon
    Hello to you all...New May member here, waiting for a trainer to become available. Looking forward to learning and experiencing the ropes of the open road. This forum and all your comments have helped me a great deal in my choosing over the last eight months, for I believe knowledge is power....Thanks!!! Be safe out there.

11. Efon

Efon Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Fort Collins, CO
    Welcome aboard Yuma. Good luck on your training.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.