May trucking home time how long try give you?

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Gozillaeatsmentos, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

Very possible, if they even hire out of that area.....
    :smt102

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snakeskin

snakeskin Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Vacaville, Ca
    I got the call today that my truck is ready. So i leave tomorrow for Layton UT where it is located and should get there fri. morning. I am so blessed and excited to begin this adventure! I am told that I will get routed home asap so I can load my truck with my stuff and then out on the open road!!!

mceheel Thanks this.
  4. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

Was just in Layton and saw about 9 new ProStars there..
    Clean up the turn ins and more trucks are ready to go another
    round with different drivers....

5. Zoolue

Zoolue Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon
    Good Luck snakeskin...
    I have been following most of your post. Keep us updated on your journey. I am a Newbie, and just started my adventure with May by turning in a application. They said that all looks good so far, it will take a week or so to go over my app.
    I will find out if they will bring me on then. They seam like a good company to brake me into the business of trucking.

6. snakeskin

snakeskin Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Vacaville, Ca
    For sure! May is great so far, however like anything that has such a mulitutde of personalities, (both driver and office types) some wont click and that is unfortunate but a fact of life. Stay positive, open minded and above all flexible and you will do fine.

7. Zoolue

Zoolue Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon
    Thank you Snake... I will try to take all things in stride.

My app review was faster then I thought. I got a call today and I am going to start my orientation on Monday. Any pointer out there or tips? Feel free to jump in. Any one....

8. trask

trask Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Tillamook Oregon
    Take your road test asap before traffic gets nasty

Zoolue Thanks this.
  9. LostinOregon

LostinOregon Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Siletz Or
    Supposed to start with May on the 12th. have to see how it goes, never drove a 13 speed, i understand the shifting, just not used to it. Have to see how home tiem goes, my DM will find out right away that i need a week off in June for a special family camp, either give it to me, or find some one else to drive yer truck.

10. Zoolue

Zoolue Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon
    Lostin...Let them Know you have a prier obligation up front "asap"... I try not say what I need time off for, it is personal. Just some thing that you have to do, and all the arrangements are made. Bookings and all that. Let them know It is important to you. You should get it off. Also work it in to your regular time off. You get 1 day off per week out.
    Good luck out there.

11. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    1st off starting some where and making demands like your all that is not a good attitude. YOU will have to work with your DM to make this happen and realize that it will take some sacrifices from YOU to do it. 1: YOU will have to be out for the 7 weeks before you want this time so you have the off time available to take off. If you don't want to run that long then there not going to give you the week. 2: You have to realize that freight is not a set in stone thing. So you may be off 8-9 day to get you back in-time. 3: You may have to give up the truck to take that much time off right out of the gate. If YOU keep a good attitude and work with your DM then it should happen. If YOU cop an attitude and give them a hard time then guess what. Freight will not work for you.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.