May trucking home time how long try give you?

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Gozillaeatsmentos, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snakeskin

snakeskin Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Vacaville, Ca
    I reccomend you have a more humble attitude with your DM, I appreciate your desire to be there for that special time.... but this is a buisness and they have a job to do and customers to serve. If your nice to them, they will be nice to you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snakeskin

Nov 22, 2009
    Vacaville, Ca
    100% Correct!

4. Dougal

Dougal Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Hi all, new here and thinking about going with May. Located in Northern Cali close to I5, wondering what kind of miles i could expect and wether they offer regional or all 48 for my location?

Thank you in advance

5. snakeskin

Nov 22, 2009
    Vacaville, Ca
    Both are available, run as much as you seems to be the deal! I love it and I have a 2010 Prostar! Truck #3301
    Good Luck

Dougal Thanks this.
  6. cadillacdude1975

cadillacdude1975 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    i am thinking about May Trucking also. Snakeskin......how long did it take you to get in a truck from the day of orientation to the time with the trainer till you went solo? they claim it is all up to your skills, im betting about a month. that seems to be the average. what were your timelines on those events?

7. Dougal

Dougal Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Wow thats a nice truck to have, was that your first truck or an upgrade?

8. LostinOregon

LostinOregon Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Siletz Or
    My biggest decision at this point is weather to go refer for awhile to catch up on bills cause i hear they make more money or go western. But this all depends on if my DMV clears, got rear ended back in 08 in my personal vehicle but for some reason it doesnt not say not at fault on my MVR.

9. snakeskin

Nov 22, 2009
    Vacaville, Ca
    For me it was about 40 days, orientation was 3 days, I waited 2 days for a trainer. Then on the first trip 4 hours out the transmission went out and we werer down for 7 days, then another 2 1/2 weeks with trainer. Trucks weren't ready so another 8 days and off to Layton UT to pick up an 07 pete 387. I was in that truck for about 20 min and got a call from our ops mgr asking if I wouldn't mind giving up my pete for a new Prostar. I replied, if it made her day easier no problem but inside I was going crazy! No way not in my wildest hopes would I have thought I would get a new truck for my first rig, but God is good and honestly, I have been very user friendly all the way down the road. But luck and the Lord was with me.

10. snakeskin

Nov 22, 2009
    Vacaville, Ca
    Kinda my first truck, read my other post for the lowdown.

11. snakeskin

Nov 22, 2009
    Vacaville, Ca
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune, better luck in your next venture.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.