May trucking idle policy

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Scooter Jones, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    There you go Rubberducky. Since you are the new guy just entering this industry, give Fedex, UPS and Conway a call, tell them you have NO experience driving and want to know when you can start.

Lemme know what they say ;-)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

Yes, we have members here that started right out of school with them, they dont require exp, most places there are tons of exp drivers looking for jobs so you wont get it over them but if you are in the right place at the right time they will hire you. All ya gotta do is apply.

no waiting list, and no if they need drivers they will hire drivers.

American Trucker

4. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    My future brother in law no experience $21.75 hr fedex freight, BUT he worked the docks 2 years first.

5. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    so, all ya have to do is sabotage their computers and fax machines and burn any current applications they might have in the office and you're in!!!! or like he said, be in the right place at the right time, so quit your job and sit outside their office until they hire you cause if you're driving now I don't really see how the right place/right time is going to happen... but thats just me ^.^

when I was in school, our instructor had a friend over at fedex and they were looking for a few drivers but they didn't announce it, so it was just word of mouth supposedly. the instructor told us about it, one of the guys in the class applied and the next day they had over 300 applications in.... there went all those apps with no experience right in the trash. can it happen, sure. but so can winning the lottery, doesn't mean I'm going to sit at home and not work because I have a dollar and a dream....

6. Blue02celi

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    Lone Star Company Driver Requirements
    Must be 22 years of age
    1 yr of verifiable OTR within the last 3 yrs or 2 yrs of verifiable OTR within the last 5 yrs
    No more that 3 moving violations within the past 36 months (non serious)
    No DUI within the past 5 years (only 1 in a life time and none in a CMV)

7. dhcrystal

dhcrystal Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Bemus Point, NY
    How does the idling policy accommodate for sitting in traffic (on the I-95 corridor, for example) or in construction backups? Does May have APUs to run microwave, refrig, computers, etc. without idling?

8. Blue02celi

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    may does NOT use APU's...

9. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

i never said we hired new drivers :biggrin_2559:

American Trucker

10. Blue02celi

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    then why mention it when asked where all the new drivers can find these elusive .40 cpm jobs that are out there to be had by all ;)

this year lone star is the bomb.com, last year it was W/S... next year?
    no one has sat here and said may is the BEST, it certainly isn't the worst... sorry but I'm not going down to .25 cpm to be with one of the other 'entry level friendly' companies cause I can play games all night, which I don't even do now....

11. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

W/S is still a great company, i just dont pull a van anymore...And even at .25cpm you'd would have made allot more 1st year OTR if you had gone with W/S. I posted my income for the first 365 days, $45,*** and change when you have 1 yr exp, post what may paid you from the 1st day of orentation till the 365 day mark and we'll see where that .3whatever cpm got ya.

American Trucker

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.