May trucking idle policy

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Scooter Jones, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    If your so certain these companies dont exist why do bother looking? Scooter, I think you just need to go back to your beer. I am sure its what your best at.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    American-Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    [ame]http://youtu.be/1sONfxPCTU0[/ame]

4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Blah, blah, blah.

I'm still trying to figure out why guys like AT & Kansas spend so much time on a company thread they don't even work for. Boredom? Insecurity? Idiocy?

5. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    They're fertilizing the 'greener pastures'
    :biggrin_2559:

6. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    LOL...

Thus, the reason for my, "the same old ######## comment ;-)

7. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.

Wanna put your money where your mouth is Scooter? Here is your chance to prove me wrong. Wanna bet me everything i have said aint true? Wanna bet a little cash on this deal? You put up your weekly pay check, and I will double it.

You game?

8. porcupyne13

porcupyne13 Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    prove him wrong about what? you said a lot. everyone's a bit apprehensive about accepting a challenge without knowing the conditions. would you take a bet without knowing what you're betting on? your reputation is all you have on here, you'd better make it fair...don't forget, we're all reading.

9. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Kansas, you've made a lot of derogatory remarks about guys who choose to work for May. Why? I don't know exactly...

You seem to to think I and every other driver at May are just to stupid to "think outside the box" in order to obtain one of these high paying, ($70,000 a year according to you), entry level COMPANY driver positions.

All I've asked is for you and any other person like you to provide company names so these ENTRY LEVEL drivers who come here to read can call these companies about possible employment.

Why does it take a bet for you to prove your point? What's next? A bet to prove your #### is bigger than mine?...

Just do it out of the goodness of your heart for your fellow Americans and driving brothers. I've recommended guys to positions outside of May Trucking where I believed they could earn more money or be in a situation that was better suited for them. I didn't require them to bet me their last week's paycheck before I shared the leads with them.

Until you do that, I ##############################.

10. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    Confuscious say man who drop watch in toilet, has ###### time

11. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    I'm a trainer, without question, EVERY single student who has gotten on the truck with me has indicated that he does NOT plan to stay long term at May Trucking.

They say they intend to get some driving experience under their belt and move on to something "better".

I always say, "more power to you driver!..."

There's lots of options out there. Not too many for guys like me three years ago who just graduated from driving school and needed a job. At that time, there were only a dozen or so companies nationally hiring new drivers fresh out of school in my area. I live in rural Oregon.

I own a beautiful home on 2 acres in the country in the Umpqua Valley near the river. My wife isn't going anywhere, just look at my profile picture and you might understand why :) thus, my options for an entry level company driver position weren't that great.

Hell, I didn't even qualify for a $14.50 an hour local wood chip hauling job and log hauler. They wanted 6 mos OTR experience.

I checked with the local UPS terminal, Fedex, Roadway, Coca-cola terminals, same story.

I personally know the owner of the local Coke distribution company. I've talked to him more than once about a local position, even after I had 2 years experience. His response was, "the guys that have these local positions treat them like gold, I haven't had one driver quit in over 5 years."

I weighed all my options and open doors at the time and May Trucking was the best option for me.

I ALWAYS keep my options open and ear to the ground. I've had several opportunities to go other places, some require me to move, which I'm not going to do, others "appear" to pay more, but when I crunch the numbers and take everything into account, it just doesn't work for me. An O/O gig, or, oil field position, just isn't my cup of tea.

I took a regional position with Market Transport out of Portland last Fall and worked for them a few mos during a difficult time with my mother being sick and they provided an opportunity for me to be home a few times a week. They are a GREAT company. I enjoyed the time I worked for them. I would highly recommend them to any driver with a minimum 2 years driving experience. However, my priorities changed after my mother's death and I decided to come back to May in December of 2011.

Don't regret it one bit...

So, please, you May haters, don't insult me anymore by insinuating I'm to stupid or lazy to "think outside the box".

Deal?...:)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.