May Trucking

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by stevenater, Apr 15, 2010.

1. stevenater

stevenater Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Hey guys im interested in May trucking for my first company.I havn't found any posts on them. The pay doesn't seem too bad at .30 cents a mile starting, and 345 a week training pay which is 2-4 weeks.And tuiton reimbursent is 140 a month with a total of 5,000. Has anybody had any kind of experience with them? Just dont wanna get hosed. They are close to me too, about 20 min away. Any advice from you guys would be very appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
  4. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    They have good SafeStat scores and probably don't get redlighted very often. They have good drivers, apparently, and they are likely to be picky about who they hire. No Compliance Review for 15 years so I guess they're not giving DOT reasons to come in their backyard. This wannabe says "give 'em a shot"!:yes2557:

5. stevenater

stevenater Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2010
    haha yeah i just found it, couldnt find it for a bit. I think im gonna go for it. Im glad they are kinda picky. It tells me I wont be stuck with a shmuck for a month. And they seem like a good starter company. I think I'll shoot for may, most likely in May. Lame punn, I know.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  6. lovintruckin

lovintruckin Light Load Member

May 15, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    OH, you may still be stuck with a shmuck. I've been with them a year now and leaving soon for greener pastures. They are very micromanaging. What yard are you close to?

7. jedi_tev

jedi_tev Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I've been with them for almost a yr and a half and they are a great company to start with. I'm glad I went with them and not Werner or Swift. There are slow times but I haven't seen any slow down in a long time. There are some negative people out here who didn't have such a positive expirence as I did. I don't know why and that's opinion/expirience. My opinion/expirence is positive with May and I am proud to drive in their trucks. The people are very helpful and there for you for the most part when you need something. I think they're a good company to start with.

Baack Thanks this.
  8. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    I have my mind set on another company, but my classmate and I spoke to some may drivers at Pilot in Phoenix, AZ at 99th Ave and I-10. The other company is Watkins and Shepard. I don't really like the idea of being stuck with a trainer and no other driver bonus incentives just .30 CPM can anyone validate that May would be a better choice? Just looking for some feedback and opinions. Thanks

9. HAULIN357

HAULIN357 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2009
    STICKER PATCH AZ
    same #### different color trucks :biggrin_25523:

10. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    "stuck with a trainer" what do you mean by this. You mean you don't want to be trained. And bounces are not part of your pay. They are extras that you MIGHT get. Nothing else and should not be counted on or looked at when desideding where to work.

11. FirePete

FirePete Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2009
    seattle, wa
    "Start where you are. Distant fields always look greener, but opportunity lies right where you are. Take advantage of every opportunity of service."

I see a few here in the forum complains about May's micromanaging management style. I have been with May for now just over 2 yrs and here is a good reason why I am still here.. "I would rather work for a company who manages details and knows how to make money." Pretty simple logic. Think about it, if May can manage such micro level details, their customers got to love them for their service. Probably it is why my miles are pretty steady throughout. I see a lot of shmucks out there have no clue on how to manage their business. Why would I bet my paychecks on those shmucks. Especially those of you who are looking for the entry level jobs, wouldn't you work with someone who will micromanage you?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.