Maybe instead of posting who's bad, easier to say who's good?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by DaZeDnCoNfuSeD, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I do LTL, and the poster in question has seen fit to attack even that as well.

I’d be glad to give that benefit of the doubt if in fact such a distinction were actually made, but unfortunately that just isn’t the case.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Take any of the megas out there. Werner, Swift, Schneider, JB, you name it. I would bet each one has million milers, 20-30 year drivers, people that enjoy working for the company. Something is keeping them happy, or they wouldn't stay.
    To listen to the Surfer, when it comes to trucking companies,every one sucks, treats their employees poorly, and pays them less than slave wages.
    Now , is every company a perfect fit for every driver? No, that's not going to happen. But to insinuate that anyone that gets involved in driving a truck is destined to indentured servitude, is wrong.

4. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    Yessir, and another poster in question has been known to rave about how very well paid LTL is....
    As in a whopping 24 bucks an hour.

Now let's hurry and get this one out of the way; yes, LTL pays better than OTR. There, I saved you the trouble of pointing that one out.
    Here's the clincher... even 24 bucks an hour stinks. Poverty wages. Period.
    What year is this? 2018? Not 1995 you say?
    LTL is no longer what it used to be.

All the trucking companies are raking in record profits, and almost solely due to the drivers' hard work and dedication. And still, these companies are paying as little as the drivers are willing to accept.

And thanks, in part, to certain posters in question, there is plenty of acceptance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2018
    Reason for edit: Removed insults
    tman78 and Lab work Thank this.
  5. Surfer Joe

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    And take any of those same megas out there and along with all those million milers bursting at the company seams, are.... 98% of all new drivers leaving in less than a year's time.

No, it's not that they couldn't 'hack it'...... it's because, unlike those millions of million milers, the new drivers tend not to be homeless ghosts with little in the way of family needs and responsibilities; many also tend to have adult bills and therefore need to have an adult wage.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    tman78 and Lab work Thank this.
  6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    So, you've talked to every one of the I'm sure, the thousands of drivers who quit megas monthly. And each one told you it's the pay and the way they were treated. Not that they were not used to being in a closed box for hours upon hours. Or that they weren't used to being away from friends and family for weeks. And every million miler, or everyone that enjoys their job with a mega is a homeless ghost, without responsibilities or families.

Makes me wonder, when do you have time to work, or time for yourself or family time, if you're busy gathering all these facts that you present here?

7. Surfer Joe

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    This post is a classic example of someone accusing others of what they themselves are guilty of.
    And, unlike this poster in question, I have actual figures to back up my statements.
    Shall I repeat them?
    Sure:
    #1. $650.00-$700.00 pay per week for up to 100 hours of work, per week.
    #2. 98% of all, repeat, all, new drivers will willfully leave in less than one year.

Need I say more?

tman78 Thanks this.
  8. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    Let's wrap this one up.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.