MBE 4000 Mercedes engines.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by farmbig_01, Aug 8, 2007.

1. deihdez

deihdez Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2018
    most engines are good , the owners are the badones here , depend on shifting , maintenance and the way you treat the trucks .i have been listening so many truckers comments about engines but found out that answer by myself . the best engines are the one you really take care of.

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Chvox

Chvox Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2017
    2004 MBE 4000 Columbia 1618219km (bit over million miles) just overhauled now and it's cheap $20000 Canadian. Bought the truck used 2011 with only 407000km(not sure if it was correct) low miles. Never opened up engine for 7 years everything original inside,only water pump, alternator and starter. Try to beat that. Fuel mileage great 7.5-8 miles/g pulling flatbet, 10 spd meritor 2.64 rdiff. It is low rpm motor. Mechanics terrible in north America hard to find good one. If they hear it's mercMerc they're scared to change alternator. It's smallest engine out there but it does very good job for keeping money in my pocket.

3. Chvox

Chvox Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Low rpm

4. Chvox

Chvox Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2017

5. Chvox

Chvox Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2017
    At least one normal truck driver. Mercedes owns Freightliner also Western star Sterling Ford etc. And new motors have nothing with detrDet just take a look at it. And they really think that owner company will put Detroit motor instead their own.! CmonC ppl read little bit

6. KonzaDeliveries

KonzaDeliveries Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Did you get your EGR delete done? I too would like to know how to do this.

7. Ervin J

Ervin J Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2021
    Wow you all are mean about the mbe 4000 Mercedes, I purchased one in 2006 and still driving it to date. I will say at a 172000 miles it started smoking for some reason, got it fixed under warranty of course and the truck and I has been married ever since. This vehicle has over 900000 miles on it. My fuel mileage is 7 plus and things has really stayed together. I will say this, when I purchased the dump truck I took it to the church and my pastor prayed that God grant me much success with it and I believe that God honored that prayer. So put God first and pray for your need and see how He allows you to work it out. You might be surprised. This 2006 sterling dump bucket has been one great adventure I can promise you that.

E. Johnson
    Florida

bzinger Thanks this.
  8. JuzNvrNo

JuzNvrNo Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Texas
    Hello. I read your post on Mercedes engines.
    you mentioned 450. Is that a different model from mbe 4000 or just referring to horsepower ?
    Have known a few guys that think there very reliable engines, easy to work on also. Couple of them raved about them . appreciate anything you have to say.
    ty

9. JuzNvrNo

Sep 25, 2018
    Texas
    Great speech on the mbe , had a couple friends and a tech that loved them. only thing that scares me is the exhaust smell that I have heard gets in cab ? I have read as many posts on these motors as I could ?
    every engine has its problems. ty

10. JuzNvrNo

Sep 25, 2018
    Texas

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.