Mbm foodservice

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by TEN4DISPATCH, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Dixie Jarhead

Dixie Jarhead Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Carrollton, Georgia
    Very good to hear this. Because Aug 25th is my hire date. So far I am really enjoying this type of work. I go out on my first solo route tonight. Been training with a really good veteran driver rep on his New Orleans and North Florida routes out of the Lagrange, Georgia DC. I will say that I am glad that all my years over the road (12+), that I stayed in fairly good shape. This is not a "light hearted" or even easy job. But, if you enjoy meeting people and physical type of work, this is it!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tdaniel

tdaniel Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2009
    I am a driver for MBM right now. I am out what most people call the headquarters meadowbrook rd Rocky Mount, N.C. Feb. 2010 will may 2yrs 4 me My 1st years I did 54,000 been for real not feeding u no bull stuff it was suppose to be 60k but with the e-co like it is, thats why. They just opening a new mbm in GA so thats a good choice. Its a little hard work but beening gone 2 weeks for 2days or a 34hr reset sucks. Blue cross insurance, paid vac, sick days, and buy back vacation if u dont take. Pay is up and down when first start but will get better. BUT most important watch quys that have being here a long time. They tell u all this negative stuff for some reason i guess their scared u gone take their job.

4. central fla

central fla Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Ft Pierce, FL
    what type of experience needed for mbm

5. driver4101

driver4101 Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2009
    ardmore,ok
    I have worked for MBM out of ardmore,ok for about a year. Its better than OTR. I bring home 1800 to 2100 every two weeks. I make 14 stops, deliver about 1150 cases of product, average stops can be from 65 cases to 180 cases. Day one, start at 330am done at 700pm. Day Two 430am to 700pm. Day three 500am to 1100am then go home and start another two day route the next day. They never give you enough time to unload, 30 min for 140 cases. Im always over my hours. And if you run the extra board you wont be home. !!!!BUT!!! every location is totally different. GO TO US FOODSERVICE if you can get in, AWSOME company to work for if you are a hard worker plus allot more money, off weekends, home every night. Less cases than mbm also. Ben E Kieth is ok also. The advantage to mbm is all name brand restaurants, easy to find, larger parking lots to get into. I consider a large parking lot to be an arbys, rather than a mom and pop that us food delivers to.Foodservice is lots of hard work, VERY tight deliveries.

6. dr5169

dr5169 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    chicago,il
    So basically are yu gone for days at a time???

7. Powell-Peralta

Powell-Peralta Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2007
    i did foodservice---and may go back(reasons are for another thread, too long of a story. Mostly economical/financial reasons).

i think the key is take your time when unloading. Some customers will get annoyed and not undestand---"youre a young man, why are you taking so long?" etc.

What they don't seem to understand is they are not the only customer---we have to do this all day everyday.

8. D3m3nt3d

D3m3nt3d Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Eastern NC
    I drive for Pate Dawson Company, same concept just a competitor with MBM. We do Bojangles, Shoneys, Captain D's etc...

The money is there in the foodservice if you want to work for it. Best advice I can give, is request a handbrake on your handtruck if it does not have one. The handbrake takes alot of tension off your knees, because it is alot of wear and tear.

Also, you will see tuff guys trying to move 600-700 lbs at once, there is no need in the showboating, always keep safety your priority when going down that ramp. You only have one body.

Hope this helps

9. justanothercrzytrkdrvr

justanothercrzytrkdrvr Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Fort Worth Tx
    I agree its tough work. I use to do the ramp thing until I got hired on with McDonalds. No more ramps - just liftgates here! We use a 4 wheeled cart but they can be very heavy & holy cow if you get one with a bad wheel. The best type of delivery that we have are those with the electric jack but you have to be here like 20 years to even get a bid for one of those routes.

Anyway, I was just wondering how things are going with the rest of you food delivery guys. I have a friend that works at US Foods here in Texas and things have been pretty slow for them. The company has cut back hours and is really watching their expenses. Their pay is ok but they only pay overtime after 40 hours and its bi-weekly. I guess I've been spoiled making overtime after 8 and getting that check weekly.

That's the good thing about food delivery though - we all have to eat! Well, good luck and be safe out there.

10. D3m3nt3d

D3m3nt3d Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Eastern NC
    Things are not slow at Pate Dawson my friend, but I would LOVE to work for Golden State Foods which I assuming is where you are employed?

Right now I cant even get a day off, problem is with us we are paid by the route, and not by the hour - or im sure they would find a way to cut back hours then.

11. justanothercrzytrkdrvr

justanothercrzytrkdrvr Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Fort Worth Tx

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.