McLeod Express,Decatur IL I am done....

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by chowick1966, Dec 19, 2009.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Not bad. Progressing along.

Engines of the old type was my training in vocational school long ago, I worked on three, one a 40's cadillac, one a big gas dump v8 from the 70's and another v8 from a chevy of some sort in the 60's The caddy engine was my favorite. It filled the shop with blue cloud on firing for about a hour but it never stalled while warming up or gave trouble I think I would have heard if it did comsidering the work on that one.

I paid for that 6 months work when other kids showed jealousy because they were not allowed to touch it for a variety of reasons. I think a knot here and a thump there took care of that. The dump was a disappointment, it ran but sounded like a bucket of bolts. and frankly I think the mains were gone on it prior to when I touched it a little bit. Crankshaft out of tolerance requires a new one in those days it's not worth it. Unless you had a wad of money to burn on it.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    She's dropping a Straight 6 in 'er................. not bad for a 17 year old female, eh?? ;) She WORKED for the money to buy the motor. This is how we do it.....and the kids here, know it!

MACK E-6, mjd4277 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Take good care to ensure that 6 straight has good oil ports and a good oil well pump if you have one down there in that pan. Don't cheap out on that.... Im not a expert by any means. But the older vehicles without computers, only need american sized tool box and a bit of metric plus parts to keep em running tip top.

You should have seen the looks I got from the putzes on the DC beltway when I show up matching their aggressiveness and speed with my old bomb ford 351. heh... they did not like that at all.

MACK E-6 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Will do, man...already been looking into all that. Wow, kickin it with a CLE must have been fun, eh?

6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Cle? The Cleveland made engines. Those could not be beaten into any kind of failure done right. It had asthma of sorts because I only had a 650 holley on top instead of the recommended 850 for what it had then. It taint stock by the time I got through with it, outside of the normal crank, shafts etc. Redline was supposed to be 5450 but at 5100 she will starve of air and it had a range of speed between 136 and 128 depending on outside temp, the colder the better. ugh. I think also the coil was not hot enough to feed that electrically starving beast as well. As in electrical firing power.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    You are so correct, sir.

x1Heavy, G13Tomcat and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Nice man cave. Can I come out to your place for beer and fuel filters? :D

x1Heavy and mjd4277 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.