Mega carrier hit and runs

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by turntab990, May 4, 2024.

1. turntab990

turntab990 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2024
    Does anyone know how mega carriers report hit and runs? Just want to know because side swiped my semi-truck and bent my mirror back while I was asleep and I work for Prime, I’ve only been with them for 4 months, so just want to know how they will investigate this and will they try to find this person at fault.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Too late. No truck number, no trailer number, no driver's name, no MC number, no pictures.....i could go on and on, but you're screwed.

4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Check with the truckstop, maybe a video is available.

5. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Funny, the only hit and run I had damage my truck was a Prime Inc driver :)

Walking across the lot saw a yellow Prime tractor trying to back in beside my truck then take off. Just figured he gave up and I was happy not having his reefer and apu next to me..
    Wasn’t until the next day doing a post trip that I noticed a huge gouge 12 feet down the side of my trailer..was in the aluminum base rail. Unfortunately by then my dash cam had already overwritten itself. Lesson learned I went out and bought the highest gb whatchamacallit for the cam and now it saves a weeks worth of data.

OP, four months with them is too long.
    Find another job ASAP

The_vett Thanks this.
  6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    If you were legally parked in a parking spot and got hit then why worry? Nothing you could do to prevent it and its not your fault.

7. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Well it’s a Prime driver so..the legally parked part may be a problem :)

Lonesome and Opus Thank this.
  8. 2Tap

2Tap Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2022
    Southern Wisconsin
    Exactly, file a police report. They will get the video if the truck stop doesn't want to cooperate.
    In most states it doesn't take much damage to turn this scenario into a felony criminal damage to property/hit & run.
    If you did it, own it. It isn't hard for any copper with community college forensics to figure things out.

*edit* also after the reread, look for that big company provided envelope in the truck somewhere. It will have the protocol to follow to report accidents/damage. Most want you to utilize an app now days.

Numb, LilRedRidingHood and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. turntab990

turntab990 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2024
    How long will it take to find them, It’s the companies truck, but just for future ref. If I ever buy my own rig. Will prime try and locate the driver, I just spoke to the accident hotline and police about it. Don’t really know what’s going on behind the scenes and how this they go about catching these people. Do they just get a couple weeks free in the clear, then get caught 6 days or even 6 months later.

10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    If you have no information about the other vehicle or driver to provide to police or your company then how do expect the hit-and-run driver to be found? Its a broken mirror, its not exactly a priority for police.

Nostalgic Thanks this.
  11. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Road Train Member

Mar 6, 2017
    PA
    Who is them, and who is looking? and Never.
    Who is the driver? and No.
    Nothing, and they don't.
    Yes, No.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.