Melton breaks the all time record

Discussion in 'Melton' started by freightliner1557, May 15, 2009.

1. freightliner1557

freightliner1557 Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2008
    somewhere in america
    been here since january 09 and it is only getting worse. Got mty 5-13-09 1000 and finally got a reload on 5-14 # 1634.. it picks up 5-15 # 1900 and del is 476 miles away for a del appt on 5-19 # 1200..... what a load just the melton way i guess...Been here just long enough to be too broke too quit. after 12 yrs on the road what have i got myself into. no one here is making anything on their checks, you sit all the time, 600 miles in 6 days cant del early for any reason. ask for a lay off slip was told no, could draw more on unemployment that i can make working here but that wont do that, nothing to help out a driver is what you get here. last weeks pay was 100.13 next week will be less.....so in closing dont fall for the hype of driving a fancy kenworth with a flat bed behind it because all you will do is loose what little you already have.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SnoFox

SnoFox Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Maine
    that sucks to hear. I quit Melton in january and have since been un able to find a job at all. I am now planning on coming back even though the pay is going to suck because im losing my place to live and have no other option than to go back on the road and live in a truck for a few hundred bucks a week.

4. freightliner1557

freightliner1557 Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2008
    somewhere in america
    best of luck snowfox,,, things here are not good at all here.I am looking for a new job myself but as you say there isnt much too choose from.

5. SpeedyWho

SpeedyWho Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Left Lane
    Man, I feel of you guys. I've been working as a carpenter of the last few years, and I am laid off now. I was planning on going back on the road but my unemployment seems to pay out more than alot of companys. I cant even think about being gone for weeks at a time and making that kind of money.
    I hope it has gottin better for you since your last post, good luck out there.

6. justanothercrzytrkdrvr

justanothercrzytrkdrvr Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Fort Worth Tx
    I was so very close to going to work for these guys myself. They were calling me almost daily about six months ago but I decided to go a different direction.

After reading all of these posts under Melton I am glad that I did. I hate to hear it for you guys. I know it's pretty bad all over.

If your looking for another carrier and want to stay in flatbed - have you checked into Boyd Bros? I hear they are still hiring and don't seem to be suffering as bad as others.

If your looking to get out of flatbed I would highly recommend pulling a refrigerated trailer. They always stay busy even in times like these & they can pull any kind of freight except flat (ha,ha)!

Anyway, just a few suggestions that I thought I would throw out there. Good luck to all of you out there on the road and be safe!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.