Melton Melton Melton, Don't mess with Mamma!!!

Discussion in 'Melton' started by Michele, Nov 3, 2008.

1. BIG RIGGER

BIG RIGGER Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Fargo,ND.
    Makes you wonder what? They were probably doing good when they began with the company.That is the rule with most trucking companies they start you out with plenty of miles and good loads.Then when they think you are hooked everything changes.The biggest mistake many of us make is staying too long after it changes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. feduptrucker

feduptrucker Bobtail Member

May 11, 2010
    Texas

I can't win for losing. Company I just got fired from (they claim I quit) Saturday will be the third company to try taking money from me and wanting to get anal about it. Apparently I don't stay long enough. There is on employer however I could call any day of the week and go to work the next morning, if not that same day. Instead of seeing that as a positive they call that a negative. Go figure. Best reference I got, always ends up hurting me the most. In the sense that most every company counts that same position with that same employer as different jobs. I would have probably stuck with the man for a long long time if he wasn't stuck in 2010 paying on a 1969 pay scale. Either way though, when I need a job it's only a phone call away. Just depends on how desperate I end up being sometimes.

None the less, I surely don't stay too long. If it's bad I just go on my merry way. Really surprised they (Melton) said ok with my bad job history as they put it. Kind of makes me wonder. But 38 cpm I guess isn't too bad. I hope I am not getting screwed around with the whole thing though. I will surely leave quick if I am not making miles worth the time of being out.

4. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN

This is a completely unbelievable BS post, with the exception of the 1700 miles part.

$750-$800 gross for 1700 miles is no less than $.44 cpm.

And no company truck driver makes $.44+ cpm...........with only 2 years experience!!

5. bigman77

bigman77 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You are forgeting about the tarp pay and stuff like that tarp pay per load can add up quick at $40 to tarp

6. billsgirl

billsgirl Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Did they raise tarp pay? When Bill left in January it was only $30.
    An extra $10 would be nice!

7. jcroom76

jcroom76 Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Dallas,Tx
    Unless they lowered it recently it was $40 back in 06

8. bigman77

Feb 20, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    When the recruiter and I talked she said that it was $40 and I believe the website says $40 for tarping. They also said they are averaging 2200 to 2500 miles a week. With that being said I told here that I stay out for a month or more and she said I would get more miles because I would be more flexible. I've heard that before so I doubt it's true. It seems that there are a lot of positives with Melton. I was taking a good hard look at maverick and I really liked almost everything about them. I was gonna start at .47 cpm in the specilized glass division. The miles were about the same. Everything was great until we got to the health care. They provide united health. I need a good health care plan and I have had united before and it is horrible from what I dealt with.

9. bigman77

Feb 20, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Oh and another thing Melton says miles are 2200 to 2500 a week and that's pretty much what every flatbed company has told me. Can anyone that is at Melton tell me if this is true right now. I'm not trying to be rude or an a-hole but I don't need someone that was there 6 months ago or longer telling me they were averaging x amount when a lot can change from then to now. Again not trying tk be rude jus trying to make the most informed decision possible.

10. Familyman

Familyman Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Catoosa Oklahoma
    Well I am going to give Melton a shot, I start orientation on Monday 09/20/2010 In Tulsa Okla,

11. bigman77

Feb 20, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Keep me upDated

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.