Melton Truck Lines

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by cnjrollin, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Kateganz

Kateganz Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2011
    East Coast
    How is the new company working out? My husband needs to find a new company and looked in to Melton. Was wondering how you like to new company? and what is their name?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. turkeyshooter

turkeyshooter Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2011
    So how did you like the new company and would you share the name of the company your with now?

4. Jcgarr1

Jcgarr1 Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2011
    I worked for them for two years and can answer any questions? I quit in April but not on bad terms. I can't really say if they are a good or bad company. It simply depends on your situation and expectations.

Truckenstein Thanks this.
  5. dixierose

dixierose Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2012
    locust grove, ga
    good luck to you man, let me know if you have a opening at that company,
    melton just canned me too.
    only here 2 weeks , wal-mart got me falsy arrested. and i was canned as a result.

6. Col

Col Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Arizona
    My first post.
    This has been a fantastic thread, I have taken the time to read each and every post and have taken a lot of information from them. In 6 months time I will be looking for an OTR job preferably on flatbed work. I have 20 years previous experience but that was a few years ago on a different continent. Wherever I end up working I will remember a lot of the issues and disputes that have been written here, hopefully I can avoid some of them.
    Thanks

7. loaderman

loaderman Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Okay you guys scare the crap out of me, is Melton okay or not, jeeeez sounds like I better stay where I'm at

8. loaderman

loaderman Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2012
    If you are being passed by trucks on both sides, you might be in the wrong lane!

Love that quote lol
    :biggrin_25514:

9. RayT70

RayT70 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Colorado
    Hello everybody. Greetings from lovely Colorado. I started off driving for Swift, but after 5 months I've decided to jump Ship. With any luck I'll soon be working for Melton. Are there any Melton drivers here that can give a rookie like me some good advice? What should I expect at orientation, training, the company in general? Any advice is welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
  10. RayT70

RayT70 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Colorado
    What do you guys think about the cameras in the cab? The recruiter told me that it only records when there is a critical event. Is this true?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
  11. RayT70

RayT70 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Colorado
    According to my recruiter Melton's trucks are governed at 65 mph.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.