Members offering help to Arrow drivers

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by rookietrucker, Dec 22, 2009.

1. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I may be wrong, but I think someone posted that swift did help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    after posting that, i was searching weather they did or not, and thought i found something about swift, but then my computer batt died,
    searching again...
    sorry

4. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I think nana said they got a qual comm to help arrow drivers if need be.

5. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

a finders fee of a couple grand?????
    really it is only about $150 for the few i did when running a hook

these folks got screwed over, so did the finance company
    stop trying to lay blame everywhere but where it belongs.....on ARROW

personaly im glad to see that frieghtliner and intersmashable are offering anything..........

6. teddy_bear6506

teddy_bear6506 I'm Vintage

May 23, 2009
    Between Valhalla and Hades
    I know Schneider, Prime, Swift and TMC were all sent messages to give any Arrow drivers a ride.

If this storm ever passes, I am in contact with a former Arrow driver in WI who is trying to find help for a driver stranded in Omaha. He was at the Sapp Bros in Omaha, sleeping on a bench. A family there took him in until the Grey Dog can run again, or someone can get there to help him home. If it clears enough here by tomorrow, I plan to pick him up and get him either farther south, or to his home in Texarkana.

I pray this trend of helping one another will continue well into the future. This has proven that not everybody has an "all about me" attitude. I hope you have all had a good holiday and have remained safe.

GuysLady and Infosaur Thank this.
  7. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest

Not me Monkeyman. I've been off for Christmas since Weds morning. I have no idea if Swift did or not.

8. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    It was posted in the comments section on one of the news articles about arrow.

9. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    ok. so why is everyone arguing about who is to blame? it wasnt the dealerships that did this, it was arrow, and arrow only. had they done what they needed to do, none of this would be taking place none of us would be talking about it. with almost 1/2 a mill in the whole, youd think they would have had something prepared... like waited till christmas day to shut the fuel cards off, so that wat any driver trying to get home for christmas could have been home. and would have less stranded drivers places.
    weather it was swift tmc prime schnider, or whomever, i would hope that all these companies would offer their assistance again in the future..
    dave nemo had the lady on the show wed afternoon, or thursday morning, ( i forget ) but they were talking about how their should be some type of aide wedsite for strandred drivers, weather they got fired, or they worked for a company that closed up without notice..
    i agree with this. someone should, and i assume that someone will be buliding a website for stuck drivers.

10. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I might be mistaken then... might have been another swift driver who posted that; or I know hold on; hard to believe, but I may have been wronnnngg..:biggrin_2559:

Texas-Nana Thanks this.
  11. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Who is arguing???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.