Menards Inc.- The Good and The Bad

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by HomeTownHauler, Mar 16, 2014.

1. HomeTownHauler

HomeTownHauler Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Eau Claire, WI
    So I had another 1k+ gross week. 2500 miles. Honestly not a bad week for our slow season. Figured it out to .41/mile off the hub. The new raise will take effect on Monday and the money should start flowing in! I'm super excited for tuesday.

I am going to my first MN Wild game in years on Tuesday for my birthday. Should be an awesome game, maybe even some tears being shed by the Blackhawks? Going to a buddy from works house tomorrow who's having a super bowl party. So it should be an all around awesome week all ending with my 23rd birthday on Wednesday. I tell ya, you couldn't pay me enough to go back on the road again. Having a week like this would be hard to come by on the road. Be safe my Midwest drivers! Sounds like this snow storm could produce quite a bit in Iowa and Illinois.

Canned Spam, frontrange and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HomeTownHauler

Feb 2, 2014
    Eau Claire, WI
    Celebrated my 23rd birthday on tuesday by taking the day off for work and going to a MN wild game. That was one of the coolest things I have ever done. They kicked the crap out of the Blackhawks! Best birthday present to myself ever!

Also sounds like Estes Express is coming to town? Anyone know anything about that?

4. IH Branded

IH Branded Medium Load Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Great Lakes area
    They are just an LTL outfit aren't they? Talked with one of your Ruan guys and he said that Ruan doesn't plan to stay with Menard only until they get something different - such as hauling sand. I would think the sand thing is slowing way up.

HomeTownHauler Thanks this.
  5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Happy belated birthday! Mine was also Tuesday, but double your age, and add 9.....

6. HomeTownHauler

Feb 2, 2014
    Eau Claire, WI
    I was just wondering if they were a company to stay away from was all? Ruan is about 2 steps away from having their contract torn to shreds anyways.

7. HomeTownHauler

Feb 2, 2014
    Eau Claire, WI
    Thanks a lot! It was a blast! I might just have to get some season tickets kegs for next year.

8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Locally, ESTES always has a sign out, looking for drivers.

9. HomeTownHauler

Feb 2, 2014
    Eau Claire, WI
    Yeah that's usually a BAD sign lol

10. IH Branded

IH Branded Medium Load Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Great Lakes area
    really? why is that? I wouldn't turn their drivers loose in anything - scary - and slower than slow

11. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    I was in Council Bluffs last night and a Menards tractor pulled in. It was a single axle truck that had some sort of a lift for the fifth wheel. I'm assuming its to dump a flat bed. Anyway the interesting part was that it was pulling an old beat up end dump trailer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.