Menards Inc.- The Good and The Bad

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by HomeTownHauler, Mar 16, 2014.

1. marineman227

marineman227 Dock Waterer

Jan 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I work for another carrier that does a ton of work with menards. I know nothing of how they pay but my company pays me pretty well. I have been to 5 DC's and they've all been good not sure if they have more or not. Store loads are ok but they're never very many miles and average 2 hours for an unload so I'm never overly excited to get them but the people are good and it's usually an easy in and easy out. Worst one I've been to is in melrose park, IL. That one sucks getting into the dock, bright side is the fastest unload I ever had at a store was there. From the time I hit the dock to the time I was pulling out the gate I hadn't even finished my 30 min.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HomeTownHauler

HomeTownHauler Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Eau Claire, WI
    They keep wanting to up their rates and we just don't have enough freight during the winter. Not to mention most of their drivers are blooming idiots.

4. HomeTownHauler

Feb 2, 2014
    Eau Claire, WI
    That's really interesting. We don't have anything like that here. Might be getting rock/sand for the concrete plant?

5. HomeTownHauler

Feb 2, 2014
    Eau Claire, WI
    i don't know about other DC's but we seem to have a lot of D&H stores. Most of our live unloads in the cities are quick about getting you unloaded. I never get to go to Illinois(which is fine by me) so I don't know how the stores are down there. Iron ridge, Plano and owner ops take care of that.

6. IH Branded

IH Branded Medium Load Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Great Lakes area
    Word must not get around. Lots of carriers tried upping the rate on Menard and he just shows them the door.

7. HomeTownHauler

Feb 2, 2014
    Eau Claire, WI
    They used to haul contract freight here a few years back with one of their companies named Single Source. They did the exact same thing they are trying to do now and they got shown the door lol.

8. IH Branded

IH Branded Medium Load Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Great Lakes area
    I tried telling that "Kevin" you said was the guy I ran into. I told him to enjoy it that it won't last and he said " oh no this is the real deal they need us now and we are going to be paid higher than all the rest." I just laughed and walked away.

HomeTownHauler Thanks this.
  9. marineman227

marineman227 Dock Waterer

Jan 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    thats how it is everywhere, the actual menards drivers D&H at the stores but outside carriers have to live unload. Plano is the worst for me, most of our loads out of there head into the Chicago area. 60ish miles paid for a load that ends up taking 4-5 hours out of my day.

HomeTownHauler Thanks this.
  10. RK7788

RK7788 Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Plano,IL
    How is it for Owner Operator pay? I live in Plano and would be looking at doing that

11. HomeTownHauler

Feb 2, 2014
    Eau Claire, WI
    Not the greatest. Like any other biget company. Sliding scale. Generous fsc. I know they have 2 different pay scales for your truck weight. 18600 pays a few cents more a mile. They get bonuses too I am not all that familiar with them. We don't get much contact with them cause they are technically their own business even have to get your own authority.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.