Mercer dry van,, how much money can I make.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Iride, Aug 12, 2018.

1. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Those top ten earner numbers they like to throw around are VERY misleading. They are based solely on linehaul, don't include any accessorial or fsc line item charges. This is why many of us consider the top ten to be a joke and nothing but a big circle jerk for guys to make them feel better than others. It's easy to manipulate your way into the top ten simply by running loads that have less fsc and other accessories in the contract and more linehaul. Every year some guys in the top ten actually gross less than guys that don't make the top ten.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    No, I wasnt implying you were lying. Was just informing him that it's highly unlikely hes going to be pulling in that type of money.

RStewart Thanks this.
  4. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    The first week of July I asked where I was at within the flatbedders here and was told I was #67 in revenue.

For me when I look at a rate of a load im considering I certainly don't call in to see about FSC or any other pay, I just go off of what I see on the board if that number works for me than I book the load.

Your saying guys actually call in to check and the FSC and any accessories pay that load has on it?

And yes for me, I'm pretty sure I would never make top 10 as I take time off. I had lunch with my coordinator and was laughing that if I ever made it I wouldn't come spend the weekend at the Hotel they put them up in and partake in any of the activities. Spending a weekend with 10 truck drivers isn't a fun weekend in my opinion, I wouldn't want anything to do with that.

5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Yes. They specific take loads with higher linehaul, even at the expense of less ttt revenue.

Now not all of them do this. Most earn it legitimately.

drvrtech77 and JonJon78 Thank this.
  6. Moondawg1964

Moondawg1964 Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Alabama
    Anyone hear about Mercer and Landstar joining forces? Guy I know said his recruiter at Mercer told him that.

7. thaistick

thaistick Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2014
    OTR/Thailand
    Stop.....

skytrash Thanks this.
  8. Moondawg1964

Moondawg1964 Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Alabama
    Why? Just asking a question is all...

9. thaistick

thaistick Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2014
    OTR/Thailand
    It's third grade rumor control, and cross posting the same question amoung multiple threads is against forum rules and will result in your banning.

And since Mercer is a privately held company, LS would have to cough up a lot of cash to buy them out.....would be one buying out the other to eliminate the competition, not teaming up or merging.

RStewart, drvrtech77 and JonJon78 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.