Mercer Transportation left hundreds of us drivers stranded.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by angie43, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Shadowed

Shadowed Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Northern Wisconsin
    First screen after you log into the contractor board it tells all about the new log books

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Magnum1

Magnum1 Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2010
    NJ

O, ok. I haven't been there in few weeks. - home time

4. Magnum1

Dec 13, 2010
    NJ
    We have recently received a new shipment of log books and want to make you aware of a change on the log page. Now there is an area in the bottom left corner that asks for your odometer reading at the beginning of each day. This information, as well as the state routes and state miles, must be filled out. Also, the recap is no longer on the inside of the front cover. It is now on a separate page in the beginning of the book. - is it me, or mercer is beginning to slide towards the pushy company? odometer readings, state routes, really?
    by pushy i mean no better than the rest

5. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    A company is pushy because they ask for daily odometer readings?
    Get a life!

6. Magnum1

Dec 13, 2010
    NJ
    Everything has a reason. Those who have no life, do not understand. There is also a reason for the diff. Logs. If you can not understand, that is fine.

7. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    The odo reading at the beginning of the day isn't that bad because you must put your daily miles on the log anyway BUT the state lines and routes is way to freaking old school. Every trucking mapping program that companies use does that for them and is better if the trucks odo isn't working properly and could either add more miles (yep pay more road use taxes why don't you?) or not as many. Use the routing program to do the state miles and route taken, and it's also safer if the driver isn't writing miles down as they are driving.

As for the recap? What's the problem except that you have to flip a page or it's a little harder. Tear it out and that way you can tape it to the inside of the cover OR copy it and make a couple of extras and write on them wherever it's easier. That is not an issue as the book is yours not theirs when it's full.

8. Magnum1

Dec 13, 2010
    NJ

More time and money need to be spend. Now, for one day, 2 pages need to be send. I'll make bunch of copies
    Of the old log and use it. I have about 30 old ones. Enough for few
    Years.

9. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

There's no requirement to fill out the recap page although some DOT types will argue otherwise, and it never needs to be sent in with logs. Should still be just one page per day to scan and send, not two.

We can continue to use the old logs, i have enough to go into next year also, but at some point we will be required to write the odometer on them just like the "new" logs.

That probably came about from audits that showed too many drivers shorting their miles, so now you will have a history of each days odometer to keep us all honest.

In a few years all OTR trucks will have EOBR's anyway, like it or not, it will happen.

10. Magnum1

Dec 13, 2010
    NJ
    That's fine, after 5 years. I'll retire, and enjoy my life. Pay little or no taxes and will change my financial income ways.

11. Sirroccco

Sirroccco Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2015
    San Antonio Tx
    How the hell did I not read this forum before I came to them?...my gosh!!!! It would ve saved me all this stress and pain I am now under..I hope I don t lose my trk,it is their trailer but my truck...crappy company,crappy freight,but only when you are in you can see the stuff..if you must come,BEWARE!! nothing is like the recruiter tells you,not the pay,not the loads.
    Mercer is not a trucking co in the way of the big big co's.
    Mercer is a brokering company,they don t have shipping customers as the big co's do,they have a loadboard and you pick and you are limited to their board.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.