Mercer Transportation left hundreds of us drivers stranded.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by angie43, Dec 31, 2010.

1. High Seas

High Seas Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Middle, GA
    Gator bait, Please try calming down, use punctuation and maybe spell check as well. You may make some good points but it's like trying to read a coded message.
    There is more communication here between Mercer Contractors than when two of them meet on the road, unless there are both empty and want to share the misery. :biggrin_25523:

REDD Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    Really!?

Cause to me that coordinator sounds like a glorified babysitter...

I'm sure at times it could be nice, but I prefer to cut out the middle man and deal directly with the agents. Confusion can happen when info goes thru to many people.

4. Driver Wife

Driver Wife Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2011
    We thought Mercer was the end all be all in trucking.

Little did we know that they are like CRST and others that they claim they are NOTHING like.

Let them hire a bunch of illegals who will rip that "safety record" they are so proud of about.

My husband was left out west too. They "routed him" in to Louisville, which we thought "something was wrong." He was one of the top drivers in production and they scammed him into bringing the trailer back. They LIED to him and told him his load board was having computer issues.

They "gave him a load" which made him deadhead over 350 miles, which made NO SENSE, but after sitting outwest with the truck running in the DRIVING SNOW STORM last week, it costs us EVERYTHING. They kept his reserve! We had been saving money, we created NO problems for Mercer. We worked like dogs to be great producers and THIS is the "thanks" we got?

Mercer talks a big game, but THEY make trucking a bad industry because they are no better than the lowest of the low in respecting their owner operators.

My husband is devastated, driving home, numb, and we cannot believe as much faith as we had in the MERCER FAMILY that they could care LESS about their OWNER OPERATORS.

I am NOT a racist. I AM NOT. BUT, I know that when I've been on the road there are people driving that I KNOW are not experienced, careful or really even know what they are doing.

HOW WILL THOSE SHELVES GET STOCKED PEOPLE?? Truck drivers keep this country going. LET THE BIG WIGS TRY TO DRIVE THEM!

I'm OVER it.

5. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Don't know what a reserve is, but if its like an escrow, its your money and they have to give it to you. If they fired you they can hold it for so long but have to pay it back. I may be wrong on this part but if they fired you I think they have to give you your pay by the end of the day? Someone else chime in on that one, please....

Believing in a company like its family is, naive! These companies are tools, use them till there of no use then move on to the next one. Now if the tool seems to be working, by no means throw it out! Hope your getting the point....

6. leftlanetruckin

leftlanetruckin Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    Company has up to 45 days from termination of lease to return any and all escrow funds. Guys n gals get screwed over when the company does the charge back deal using the escrow funds though.
    Could you fight it? Sure.
    Would it be worth it to pay the lawyer etc? Probably not, and that is what some companies count on.
    Just thought I would chime in as I saw this thread, and have @6 Mercer trucks in the truck stop I am at right now...

Martin

Les2 Thanks this.
  7. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    They have feed my family for 22 years. The only way the coordinator is a glorified baby sitter, is if you let him run your truck. Think, make decisions for your self.

I talked to an agent today, Fontana, my truck number was not mentioned until the end of the conversation. As far as they were concerned I could have leased on yesterday

I know how Mercer has treated me for 22 years. I can compare that to the way I was treated by Sammons and The Waggoneers. Mercer is a stand up company.

8. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    I'm the type that likes to deal with agents direct, not be told I have to deal thru a coordinator. SOmetimes dealing with an agent you can negotiate a better rate, I know I have.

You've been happy there but the guy beside you may not. Sometimes it just works out that way. I know where I'm at now I'm happy, for the most part, but my dad isn't. He doesn't get offered stuff like I do. Some people they just like more than others....:biggrin_255:

9. High Seas

High Seas Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Middle, GA
    Truckers wife , no offense but it may help to read the contract before complaining here, you don't own the trailer till you make the last payment. The reserve monies you pay will be held and used to make the trailer payment till the next bright eyed contractor takes over "your" old trailer. that's the way it works. If you made 30 payments, the new contractor will only have to make 6 payments and then it's his new trailer. If you owe the company money they will also get that too. I'm always stunned by the amount of contractors that buy equipment and trailers from the "company" and think that they own it right from the start. It simply isn't the case. Sorry.
    Now you are a "top" producer and they just canceled your contract out of the blue, amazing some people believe this. You don't have a clue
    So the Mercer plan to survive and prosper is to what?? get rid of the "top" producers and hiring on more slackers. Does this make sense to anyone? anyone?
    Maybe contractors should check with Len to see what their CSA 2010 safety score is and what it costs the company in points and fines.
    Mercer has problems for sure, truck utilization, I think is the biggest one, also this first in first out dispatch that no two people in the company can explain the same is another. But then this isn't the forum to solve Mercer problems, this is the forum to say how much Mercer SUCKS!!!! sad really,
    :biggrin_25513:

10. westcoast

westcoast Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2010
    los angeles, ca
    ok mr. perfect. Wait til world #### on u,then remenber back what u said 2other. May it already did. Who know only u know.

angie43 Thanks this.
  11. westcoast

westcoast Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2010
    los angeles, ca
    Remenber, even if u have 100 yrs of experience. With the new laws. lots poeple will quickly going down the toilet . Hero become Zero. Remneber u may have 50/100 of experience. the driver next to your lane may only have 1month or less. Wow is that something.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.