Metropolitan trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by scohick, Jan 20, 2010.

1. truckdog

truckdog Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Metropolitam trucking is a bad company .I was thyr for 7 years the money just disappeared.in the begining they tryed working with drivers but that was short lived in my time. Once dispatch went salary driver pay cheks dwindled. They cant keep very many drivers "the swinging door afect".so many quit and often quickly after starting the few that stayed got miles . Most of thyr problems stem from the deception constantly run from the office.no matter how bad of a job dispatch does thy get a rock salary no matter what they do and thy can do no wrong . no matter how much of a paycheck thy cost drivers. Because drivers are completly disposable thyr even if thy only work a month thy dont care.when I first started thy were trying to sell the place but nobody bought it then because thy would only get one old building and 360 beat trucks and trlrs. Now most of the old stuff is out and the whole fleet is now on elogs also just nowlinking that to qualcom macros . I wouldnt be suprised if the for sale sighn goed back up.but they have bigger issues with dispatch constantly bagering drivers to run after hours on certain loads and a ever rising safety report mabe dot will get them first.directions were always bad and thyr loyalty to the drivers is worse. Thyr is a wall with million mile driver safety awards. Most of these guys were thyr for 10 to 20 years most of them all fired for mysterious write ups that all the drivers were never told about "total lies" with the new pay packages thy were making an obcen paycheck I new most of them non of it was true. Basicly metro operates with not giving drivers all the info needed to do the job then faulting drivers when the company had all the info the whole time and would give the driver what was needed to do the job futher shrinking the check cuz this all costs time. Drivers constantly paying for the office incompetent and lazy office people with your promised home time or a smaller check the next week. Forget getting the promised detention pay and others on a regular basics. And the constant lies in the work place I cant stay thyr any more im out that weirdness. Once you make a certain rate thy will dump you in somthing dirty. The newest rates are so high for them thyr losing money.i would be suprised if thy close up soon.all this pay but a constant shortage of miles

sltdf Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Justice33

Justice33 Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2015

4. Justice33

Justice33 Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Why do they make you do hair test & urine test? How far do they go back with the hair testing

5. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    Some companies do hair testing because it shows drug use back farther than urine testing. How far back depends on the length of hair tested but most will test 1 1/2” from the root which covers about 3 months for most people (average hair growth is ½” per month).

Companies that do hair testing will all test urine as well as the FMCSA does not recognize hair testing as a valid test for drug use so a urine test is required even when hair testing is done.

6. bsooky

bsooky Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Hello
    I have been driving for quite sometime, I also know that most people that complain about things in the industry usually dont have any real reason to complain!! Almost all of them just dont have anything better to do with themselves?? Just about all Drivers who want to!!!! Can make the best of any situation!!! Its just the complainers that seem to have problems!!!!
    Im really curious if they complained to there DM Like they complain on here??? That is why they Maybe just Maybe had all the problems brought on by themselves. Bottom line there is, Some people are ######## and you should try to avoid them!!! But people make problems for themselves and just want to blame the company!!! A company usually is what ever u make of it!!!
    B.S.

7. bsooky

bsooky Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2017
    I love this ##### Guy!!!

8. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Reviving an ancient thread like this makes everyone think you're a company shill. Also makes metropolitan look like a bad company getting all bent out of shape about what someone said 7 years ago

LandslideRich Thanks this.
  9. Northeasterner

Northeasterner Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Thinking about joining Metro. I'm a rookie with about 10 months linehaul regional experience currently getting $0.40 a mile and maybe 2200 miles a week plus another $150 drop and hook pay.

Metro claims that if you're out for two weeks you'll get 2500 miles a week and roughly 53 CPM and the equipment over at my current company is junk so the new equipment is a plus....

Is Metro still a low miles company? If I asked up front for 2500 miles a week will they get it to me?

10. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Metro must be "hurting for drivers" they are running ads on Craigslist down here in Va.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.