Midwest Motor Express - Minneapolis terminal, linehaul, 6 months review

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by basedinMN_, Jan 23, 2023.

1. basedinMN_

basedinMN_ Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    St Paul, MN
    You pull a screenshot from MN511 to record road conditions at the time you want to deny a run. You have the right to refuse for bad weather. I have never had an issue with management about it.

BeHereNow97 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JadeLove

JadeLove Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2019
    My friend thet works for MME in Kansas City pulls a lot of AAA Cooper pups. He likes the job quite well.

4. Mnmover99

Mnmover99 Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2022
    The doubles they pull are in North and South Dakota double 45 footers or 48's

BeHereNow97 Thanks this.
  5. basedinMN_

Jan 21, 2011
    St Paul, MN
    Update- we will be pulling 6-axle double sets from Mounds View at some point in the next year or so. They'll be going east. New terminals opening in Oshkosh, WI (576 miles round-trip) and Janesville, WI (610 miles). I assume when those open we'll cancel the MPS-CHI meets. I also assume CPM will go up by a few cents with doubles. Future is looking good.

Mnmover99 and motocross25 Thank this.
  6. basedinMN_

Jan 21, 2011
    St Paul, MN
    We're getting across the board raises on July 9. Linehaul going to 0.766/mile. Daytime P&D gets a big bump from $31.60 to $34.50. Dockworker raise to $27.70 days and $28.70 nights.

We started running to a new AAA Cooper terminal in Janesville, WI. 616 miles roundtrip but it's basically a meet with an Indiana driver. From what I hear the AAA Cooper guy coming from Indiana is on time.

Still looking to hire 4-5 more linehaul drivers they tell me. I dunno where they'd run, lowest guy right now is getting about 1700 miles a week unless he picks up weekend meets, which are still plentiful.

We have been pulling sets of doubles for AAA Cooper but they're not paying us to build or break sets. Not any of those for guys going west or south, yet.

Rumor is that starting some time this year linehaul guys getting less than 2200 miles / week will be asked to work the dock 1-2 hours a night at the home terminal (Mounds View) before going out. That's not official policy yet.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
  7. Nickanator1988

Nickanator1988 Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2022

Hi seen a job post for team drivers paying 0.84cpm out of Atlanta ga for AAA COOPER. ARE THEY A GOOD COMPANY AND DO THEY HAVE THE WORK TO KEEP TEAMS BUSY? HOW MANY MILES ON AVERAGE CAN TEAMS EXPECT ON AVERAGE? DO TEAMS PULL DOUBLES OR ITS MAINLY JUST PUPS, 48' AND 53' TRAILERS? I DONT MIND HAULING DOUBLES JUST HATE HOOKING THEM FOR FREE?

SO KINGHT/SWIFT ARE ACTUALLY DOING WELL WITH ACQUIRING AAA COOPER? HOW FAST DO THE TEAM SLEEPER TRUCKS GO?

DO THEY ALLOW PETS? DO THE SLEEPER TRUCKS ATLEAST HAVE A REFRIGERATOR AND AN INVERTER TOO PLUG IN A MICROWAVE?

HOW OFTEN DO TEAMS GET HOME? ARE TEAMS OUT 5-6 DAYS AND HOME 1.5-2 DAYS OFF?

8. basedinMN_

Jan 21, 2011
    St Paul, MN
    Correction- building/breaking sets are paid hourly rate.

I can't comment on AAA Cooper's Atlanta barn.

9. Nickanator1988

Nickanator1988 Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2022

Do you know anything about how there teams run at all? Ohh so they do pay for drop and hook nice.. they pay hourly for drop and hook whats the hourly pay to hook and drop a set? Do they pay you the full hourly pay for drop and hook regardless if it only takes 10-30 minutes too hook up?

Do they pay you too fuel? Do teams get consistent miles like 5000-6000 miles a week on average?

They actually sound like a really solid company too work for regardless being bought out by knight..

10. basedinMN_

Jan 21, 2011
    St Paul, MN
    No

11. basedinMN_

Jan 21, 2011
    St Paul, MN
    Dock work is officially starting at this terminal. Our Des Moines run now requires two hours of dock work a night. We currently have 8 bid runs plus five extra board spots. We are waiting on Indianapolis to hire more people to meet us MSP drivers in Wisconsin.
    More dock work to follow I suspect.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.