Might be looking for a new company, need help

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DominoeEffect, Oct 26, 2014.

1. DominoeEffect

DominoeEffect Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Ah. Guess I haven't seen ya then. Could you link me to your writing on systems?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ramblingman

ramblingman Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2014
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...ng-company-here/237731-systems-transport.html

There you go. Like i said before i was a real Type A personality for my first 9 months or so and you certainly see it in the beginning of the thread. Anyways, i gotta get this overnight run into CA started. Catch ya later.

4. 281ric

281ric Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2011
    TX
    not sure where you are located or if you would relocate, but the oil and gas industry in TX is dying for drivers. Im guessing in LA and OK also but not sure. My cousin makes over 70 a year w benefits and sleeps home every night, only thing he doesnt like it , is that its a rotating schedule.

5. DominoeEffect

Oct 26, 2014
    I would not consider moving. Just got my place. That and Texas wouldn't be a place I'd wanna live. I'll visit there, but not live.

6. DominoeEffect

Oct 26, 2014
  7. RubberDuck198

RubberDuck198 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2014
    Lemme check my atlas
    Look into LTL. Wanting to make $4,000 a month OTR is a long shot at your experience level, but possible with LTL. Get your hazmat, and then start looking into companies like OD or YRC. Even fedex freight would work.

The work in LTL is easy. If you pick line haul, it's all terminal to terminal, drop and hook.

8. DominoeEffect

Oct 26, 2014
    Update. Just finished unloading and my back is killing me. Waiting on a call from dispatch to find out where to go from here. Talked with another company that looks really good. Long Haul Trucking is their name. Anyone know anything about them?

9. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    I got with Conway Truckload, pulling boxes, and they've been good to work for. The starting pay is pretty good for mileage based pay. I want to apologize in advance if I'm way out of line, but I think O/O or I/C might be better for you in another year or two while you accumulate cash and information. Best, driver.

10. DominoeEffect

Oct 26, 2014
    Oh I don't plan on owner operator for a bit. I have to do a lot more research on it. There are millions of horror stories and not a lot of success stories. But if there is a will there is a way and I just have to find it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.