Might've lucked out big time! Trailer technician position I started today.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by humpingvan, Apr 18, 2019.

1. humpingvan

humpingvan Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2019
    After a torrent of mediocre and not so promising yard jockey interviews back to back within 2 weeks I landed what I find will be a great deal more fun and interesting role, trailer technician.

Naturally when I get stressed out I forget whatever I just learned and I am forced to endure the "empty head syndrome" which just angers the boss even more. I have talent like that. So I am sitting in a local library waiting or traffic to die down, filling out work paperwork and trying to write out everything that I hopefully still remember from my first day.

I will hold my test date for middle of this summer and work like hell to get the behind the wheel training paid for, or I will reschedule the road test when I am more ready. Despite landing a role I hope will be as fun as today was, I am not slacking off by not testing out on my class A road test.

I like my boss, I like my coworkers, I like the work. Its been a long time since I have felt this giddy to go to work!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    Congrats on your new gig

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. humpingvan

humpingvan Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Hold on 6 days in, this shop has 90% turnovers since this new service manager took over.

DUIs, disorderly conduct, battery, DANCO, he had been convicted and sentenced 8 times in 20 years for substance abuse and violence related offenses. Why in the hell has fedex not known about his criminal history. This is really scary.

Yup going to find another job and find a job within a month.

I would think a mega corporation would have stricter controls.

JoeyJunk, NavigatorWife and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.