Milan Express.... Female newbies beware!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Vickster O, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Vickster O

Vickster O Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Henderson, TN
    Guess my last post answered that before I even read this! lol Lived in Green Bay, WI my whole life until last March when I moved down to TN.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DlrDice45

DlrDice45 Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Mississippi
    My orentation is not set yet I havn't finshed school yet. I called them a week after I appiled and was told then I was pre-appoved. I will be calling them back when I get closer to finishing school.

4. FastForward

FastForward Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Ozark, Misery
    Welcome to trucking! My trainer was also a monster. She ran me out of hours in the first 4 days and kept revamping the lie book to keep me running team loads, as a solo driver! She constantly screamed at me and belittled me and actually told anyone who would listen that "she (me) won't make it 6 months". Well, that was 13 years ago. And it gives me extreme pleasure to think that that witch is probably working cleaning restrooms at a truckstop somewhere! I just wanted to tell you to find a way to continue on. You have already invested yourself in this industry and it is a hard place for women to be. But suck it up and get tough and the rewards are immense! I cannot imagine that you would let this one incident stop you from getting to your goal..You GO GIRL!

Vickster O and applebrown78 Thank this.
  5. walleye

walleye Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Land of Cheese
    Green Bay is a awesome place,...My second favorite place to fish,....I have given thought to moving there,..But I need to money up before I do anything,..

6. Vickster O

Jan 10, 2009
    Henderson, TN
    Thanks, I hope so!! Wish I had more time.... hubby's gonna be even more upset if I don't go back with the trainer and end up not finding anywhere else to go.

7. Vickster O

Jan 10, 2009
    Henderson, TN
    Yeah, it's not bad there, but you gotta be able to handle COLD weather, and lots of it!! That's the main reason I moved down here, but kind of thinkin' I may have made a mistake. :biggrin_2552:

8. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    I've only been to Green Bay when I was driving rig, and once to the railroad museum.

I grew up in Baraboo, and except for a year in Chicago and 5 years in Florida, I've always lived in WI.

9. Vickster O

Jan 10, 2009
    Henderson, TN
    You know, of all my years there, I've never been to that RR museum! lol They make a haunted house out of it during Halloween. I do miss my family... LOTS! But I just hate the cold weather. How'd you like Chicago? I hate driving through that city.... actually, the whole state of IL, for that matter! People are just down-right rude! That's one nice thing about the south though.... the term "southern hospitality" definitely holds true! With the exception of that big ol' Milan trainer wanna-be, of course! lol

10. Vickster O

Jan 10, 2009
    Henderson, TN
    My aunt has a cabin up in Rice Lake. What company do you drive for up there, if you don't mind me asking?

11. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    We went there when the youngest was about 4 . . . they had Thomas the Tank Engine at the museum.

I was on the harness racing circuit working with the race horses when I lived down there. Didn't leave the track much, but I hate driving in Chicago. I would rather drive Atlanta!

If you're going south, run I90/39 down to Bloomington, cut across I74 to I57, and then drop down I24. Sweet trip, and no big cities til Nashville!

I agree completely on the southern hospitality. The further south you get, the better it gets.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.