Milan Express.... Female newbies beware!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Vickster O, Feb 4, 2009.

1. dawgfan

dawgfan Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    S. Georgia
    Thank you kindly:biggrin_25519:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vickster O

Vickster O Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Henderson, TN
    Cool, I'll have to take that route if I ever get the chance! So if going further south gets better, why do you say in WI??

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2009
  4. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Werner treated me well, everytime a see a Werner truck I wish I was the one driving it. That will stop when the internationals start rolling though lol.

Don't give up, you'll find a good company they are hard to find but the are out there.

5. Vickster O

Jan 10, 2009
    Henderson, TN
    Thanks... I'll try n' keep a positive attitude! I know there's a lot of good companies out there; just wish I had enough experience to actually get into one of them! lol

6. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Yeah, that route is pretty sweet if you don't need to be going east. You get to avoid Chicago, Indy, and Louisville. I use to run that when we lived in Florida and would come back up here to visit.

I'm stuck here now until the youngest is out of high school. He starts high school in the fall, and I don't want to uproot him now. Can't abandon my boy scout troop either. I'm the Scoutmaster, and there is no one to take that post.

7. walleye

walleye Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Land of Cheese
    I worked for a local liquor distributor there for 12 years,..Lost that job and started my own auto transport company,..Shut that down and now I am in south west WI,....I will find a way back to Rice Lake,..soon I hope!!,...I guess I should change that in my profile??

Where abouts is her cabin??,...On Rice Lake,.Or one of the nearby lakes??

8. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Just wondered... I wondered if they were profitable, altho I don't see how they could be unless the truck load division is. Many many years ago I applied to a sales job with them and have always thanked God I didnt get it. Best of luck to you and I'm sure with your positive attitude you find one and do well.

9. Vickster O

Jan 10, 2009
    Henderson, TN
    Sorry I didn't reply to your note sooner!! Thanks so much for the vote of confidence! But, you know, the more I think about what that piece of **** put me through the last couple weeks, I really don't think I could handle two more weeks in a truck with her without flippin' out. Especially when I talked to the guy in charge, and he acted as though I was lying about the way she was. Then I talked to HIS superior, and he did the same thing! I just can't get my self to suck up to those people after the way they've treated me. I do consider myself tough as far as a woman goes, but this took me over the edge for sure. I just hope and pray I can find something else soon so I can get my training done and be teaming with my husband like we planned a in the first place. He's behind me on my decision, so hopefully it'll all work out in the end. I'm glad that everything worked out for you!! I give you SO much credit for putting up with what you did!! You're tougher than I am!!

10. Vickster O

Jan 10, 2009
    Henderson, TN
    It's right on Rice Lake, if my memory serves me correctly. I haven't been up there in years! Do you know people in that area?

11. Vickster O

Jan 10, 2009
    Henderson, TN
    When do you finish school? I hope they'll still accept me, since they state on their website that they want inexperienced drivers within 30 days of graduating. Since I had to wait so long for my wonderful female trainer, I'll be a couple weeks past their 30-day limit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.