Millenicom Wireless: a review and test

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by CommDriver, Dec 9, 2008.

1. ShallowDOF

ShallowDOF Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Kenmore, WA
    Well, after another week of use I'd say to stay away from the Samsung hotspot, carrier pigeons would make for a more reliable connection tot he internet. I have had to do at least 10 hard resets of the thing and countless power cycles just to try any maintain a connection. I will be requesting to exchange it for a 3G device tomorrow.

If I thought I'd still be able to return it, I'd take great joy in smashing it with a hammer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    You don't need that unlimited data plan or the tethering on that Iphone. You can connect through the mifi and use that for data on your iPhone. An Iphone can connect to the mifi as well.

4. ShallowDOF

ShallowDOF Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Kenmore, WA
    Yeah, I know that, but I wanted to get grandfathered into the unlimited plan while it was still available, it's gone now.

5. 4wheelJoshua

4wheelJoshua Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2011
    WC Ohio
    Unfortunately nobody has to grandfather anyone in. AT&T and Verizon both have already stated they will not be grandfathering anyone into their 4G plans at all. They're just gonna force everyone to bend over on that one. Ohh and if you have a VZW unlimited plan you will be forced out of that plan and into another plan that is LTE friendly. They can do this because it has been 2 years since that plan was introduced. My father was just forced into a new plan and there is no recourse for rebuttal.

6. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Updating the forum, here is information from the Millenicom website, as of today, 10/22/2011:

"For our early customers joining our Hotspot Plan we are making the following modifications to our normal pricing and usage allowance. This pricing and usage allowance will be "grandfathered in" and will not switch to the normal increased pricing and reduced usage allowance when this special program is no longer offered.

Our "Early Bird Special" Millenicom 3G/4G Hotspot Plan is a no-contract service that allows for 10 gigabytes of data transfer of 4G but will include 10 more gigabytes of 3G (or a total of 20 gigabytes of data transfer if 4G is not available or intermittent) for $69.99/month."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.