Millenicom Wireless: a review and test

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by CommDriver, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2008
    anyone try this out in the country yet? I am thinking of going ahead with the purchase but most of the time I am stuck out in the meat houses in ks ,ok etc would be nice to know if it works there my att says offnetwork and they tend to frown on that

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Markvfl

Markvfl Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Apopka, FL
    I'm using Millenicom now in Petro lot in Little Rock. Works virtually everywhere I've tried it. I'm impressed with it. When it seems slow I use the double headed cable and it speeds up alot for some reason. Good product.

4. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    You will not get high speed in these areas probably, but it works pretty well. You don't get high speed from just about any carriers in rural areas. But you're never "off-network" with Millenicom.

I'm using the Y cable now and it does seem to help. I'm going to do a speed test right now with and without.

I'm getting faster download speeds with the Y cable.

I'm in Warsaw, NC. Using just one prong of the cable I was getting download speeds between 800-1000 kbps. With both plugged in, I'm getting between 1300-1500 kbps. Upload speeds were about the same between 300-400 kbps.

5. Mooniac

Mooniac Medium Load Member

May 19, 2008
    Vancouver, Washington
    Would appreciate an update on this service, especially from thos who might be using more than 5 gigs a month on a regular basis. Thanks!

6. ShallowDOF

ShallowDOF Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Kenmore, WA
    I use nearly 8 gig a month in just The Daily show and Colbert Report downloads, I also download Lost and various podcasts and they have never said a word about it. I wouldn't be surprised is I use over 10 gig a month.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  7. TraderPhil

TraderPhil Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I've only used Millenicom for a couple of months, but both months have exceeded 10 gigs. Coverage is excellent, even out here in rural Missouri.

8. EmersonSC

EmersonSC Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Taylor, MI
    How does it work for video messaging? I need a service that works well for that so I can talk to my wife and 2month old daughter.

9. CMoore2004

CMoore2004 Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    I used to stream my webcam on my dash while going down the road using Sprint Mobile Broadband...worked just fine.

10. lowbudget

lowbudget Medium Load Member

Apr 12, 2008
    Bismarck, ND
    To answer others' questions about WoW usage. WoW doesn't use that much bandwidth, if you use Titan Panel's performance meter it shows you how much kb/s it is tx/rx. Mine usually hangs around 0.045 kb/s out and 0.340 kb/s in

11. Wiseguywireless

Wiseguywireless Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    I am going to post here so I can find this one fast. May want to do this.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.