So I'm really interested in getting into trucking for awhile now since I was 16 and now that I've been 21 since last august I finally have the opportunity to pursue it. I've been looking at companies for awhile and was offered by Schneider to pay for my training but I would not be paid for 2 months which is a bummer to me. And I started looking around more and found Millis. And I just have a few questions for the Millis drivers.
1. From reading online is there a $500 payment you have to pay first?
2. What is the Ohio training school like? Considering it's the closest one to me since i'm from Michigan.
3. What is the classroom size and student to trainer ratio?
4.Will I be paid during training?
5.Do I need to obtain a permit from my home state?
Sorry for all the questions but i'm just really curious and wanna make sure I choose the right company. Thanks for any answers!
2. I just graduated from Burleson, tx terminal. Haven’t been to the Ohio one, but I’ll assume it’s similar. 2 rows of tables, white board, overhead projector..
3. There’s a max of 6 students, 1 instructor. Go to whichever class has the fewest people.
4. No pay during school. Hotel gives breakfast, Millis will give you gift cards for lunc to various fast food joints. Once with a trainer you are paid .42 cpm.
The Ohio school is a very good school. Bill the instructor there has been doing this for over 20 years and is a good dude. You pay $100 to reserve a spot in the class and then the 1st day of class you pay the other $400. As far as training and pay, there aren't many better than Millis right now. Ive been here over 2yrs and I'm also a trainer. I have very few complaints. Feel free to ask any questions and myself or others will be glad to answer.