Millis transfer inc or prime inc

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Ocl9o, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Ocl9o

Ocl9o Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2018
    millis transfer inc or prime inc for their cdl school program
    Would you recommend or anybody here work for either carrier let me know your experiences. I need to choose one thanks again.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Millis Transfer hands down. I went through Millis to get back into the industry after being out for 3 years.
    Good people, they take care of the drivers and the equipment is great. They use Kenworth T680s and supply satellite TV systems. They kept me running hard. Most of the other drivers there were with them on average 5 to 15 years. They are not a small company, but they are not very large. If I remember correctly, they have about 1200 trucks.

4. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    About 800 trucks at Millis. Im a trainer with Millis feel free to ask any questions you have. The training program at Millis is top notch, and getting paid .43 fresh out lf school for every mile the truck drives while in training is pretty close to the highest pay, if not the highest, for any company training out here. Where are you located

TheRealPorkChopExpress Thanks this.
  5. Ready4theRoad

Ready4theRoad Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2018
    I would love to know more about Millis as well! I am located in central IL, Springfield. I have read great things about your training and do have a few questions.

1. What us the student to trainer ratio
    2. Is it still the $100 deposit/$400 first day of class?
    3. Is training paid from day one of class, or only once you start the driving phase?
    4. Is there a specific number of training hours needed to be completed, and once hired on is there a specified number of miles required on top of the year commitment?
    5. Are there training centers in others states?

Thank you so much! I'm trying to find out as much as I can as to not waste a recruiters time if Millis is not a good good fit for me.

6. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Well 1st off if you decide on Millis, there is a good chance I could be your trainer. I only live about 2hrs away from Springfield.

1) There is 1 instructor at each school and they try to keep class sizes under 6. If there are more than 6 they have brought in another instructor in the past.

2)Yup still $100/$400

3)You start getting paid as soon as you get on your trainers truck.

4)You need 15,000 miles with a trainer to get your own truck. Sometimes it may take more than that, but that is the minimum.

5)The schools are located in Richfield WI, Trenton OH, Cartersville GA, Burleson TX, and Eden NC. For you id really recommend going to Richfield because youll have your CDL before getting on your trainers truck unlike the other schools.

Springfield is a really good location for Millis you'd be able to run OTR or Regional which puts you home every weekend. Any more questions feel free to ask and if you'd like I can give you my number. Millis is a really good company.

CJ701 Thanks this.
  7. Ready4theRoad

Ready4theRoad Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2018
    Thank you, that all sounds really good! I do have other questions about the DOT regulations and physical if you can answer them, I would appreciate being able to speak with you, I truly appreciate it!

8. slim1989

slim1989 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2018
    Hey everyone, I just finished up school with Millis and am now doing my 6 weeks of training with Perry. I’ve posted a link to his channel that has all updates as well as vital info

Pebbles Bootlegger truck driver trainer

#wishfulthinking Thanks this.
  9. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
  10. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    Oh good lord. Not even gonna bother lol.

#wishfulthinking Thanks this.
  11. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Lmfao I figured you'd get a laugh out of it so had to make sure you seen it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.