Mirrors!..... Anyone?..... Anyone at all?

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by KillingTime, Apr 20, 2017.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I'd like to know how this car got wedged under his trailer and I keep asking myself how could the trk driver not know it.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    We question why 4 wheelers do what they do all the time. Just to realize they are so talented at pulling off some of the dumbest moves. As to the truck driver. I am still waiting for the San Bernardino Police to respond to my request on FB to answer if they found the driver with drugs in his system.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    The more I think about this the more astonished I am. Talk about being "in the zone"... or "zoning out"... Dang it!

5. Mainah

Mainah Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Winslow, Maine
    I saw this video just this morning on the twisted truckers page on facebook. First think I said to myself was "look in your mirror stupid!" Going 4 miles is a long way to go without looking in your mirrors. He may not have felt the car hit him, but you would think it would effect the trucks performance in some way, especially going up hill. This just seems like another way to weed out an idiot from the industry.

6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Check out the car behind the recording vehicle, you can see it in the mirror when they come up next to the stuck car...

Probably too close to see what's going on in front of them. Yeah, right, you'll get there faster if you don't have following distance. :tard:

7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    This sounds like a Geico commercial in the making.
    People do dumb things,paying too much for car insurance shouldn't be one of them!!lol

8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Wrong department. Should be CHP.:D

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  9. tech10171968

tech10171968 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Daytona Beach, FL
    I'm just afraid that the non-trucking public is going to get the wrong message from this video. All they see is that another one of those stupid, evil truckers just ran over another innocent, tax-paying motorist - we need more laws to protect us from those evil trucks!!!!

But I guarantee you that, no matter which forum or web site that video got posted on, nobody will ask himself, "are these trucks so powerful and massive that a collision with one of us just feels like a speed bump? Is it possible that one of these guys could just splatter our guts all over his grill and FEEL NOTHING?"

Not saying that the driver wasn't a jackwagon; scanning his mirrors on a regular basis would have helped here. But there's a lesson here for 4-wheelers as well: you could easily bust your ### (or worse) playing games around any vehicle this powerful and massive.

G13Tomcat and mjd4277 Thank this.
  10. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    My accident is living proof of that. When the driver hit my trailer twice,the first impact felt like a speed bump. The second impact when he hit the trailer he hit it hard enough that the trailer felt like it was actually being PULLED FROM BEHIND (it actually reduced my truck's speed).

G13Tomcat, Big Don and tech10171968 Thank this.
  11. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    The CHP dont have a FB page. The police and sheriff do. So you tell me, whom should I ask for help when the CHP wont allow me to find out?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.