Missed appt for Dollar General DC bc of trucking breaking down.

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by asdf1234, Mar 16, 2023.

1. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I would try and work it out with the Dollar General DC. Offer them money to take it. Even if you had to pay them $500 it would be well worth it. Waiting a month is unacceptable.

Concorde Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. asdf1234

asdf1234 Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2023
    Broker is surge transportation.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    gekko1323 and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  4. tequesia2

tequesia2 Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2019
    let me see if I have the story right. Your truck broke down on the load you were contracted to run, and missed the delivery appt. And the next appt the receiver can give you when you called was next month. So having to hold the load a month, or any storage/lumper fees, is the broker's fault. How is the broker at fault for your truck breaking down or a DC not having an appt for a month? I am trying, legit, trying to follow y'all logic

5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    It's the brokers fault for not fixing the issue. That is, after all, the brokers job. To get a load shipped, not set it in limbo for a month.

6. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    No, you just trollin

7. tequesia2

Mar 14, 2019
    so the broker should have fixed the truck? Made sure it was well maintained so it wouldn't break down? Got a delivery appt at a place that didn't have a delivery appt available until next month? PAID for the freight to be stored? What did the broker not do that make this his responsibility? All I hear here is "why do brokers bother us so much, they don't do anything" and then when they don't do anything y'all still get mad? Not trolling, I am trying to follow the logic. Not saying its not a messed up situation, but I am saying you can't blame the broker that there aren't appts to delivery nor ask them to pay for storage when you didn't maintain your equipment and had your truck break down. Its bad luck, but you gotta suck it up and eat it just like brokers do when a shipper or receiver takes too long to load.

JimmyTwoTimes Thanks this.
  8. tequesia2

Mar 14, 2019
    and this is why brokers won't post here and you end up with a O/O echo chamber. No one with tell this guy the truth: its a tough break. But when a broker comes along and points out the time line on the story doesn't add up, y'all dismiss them as trolling.

9. NH Guy

NH Guy Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2023
    The broker is refusing to find a reasonable solution to the problem. The receiver clearly doesn't want the product, otherwise they would find somewhere to squeeze them in to unload. Carrier offers to return the load to the shipper, assuming that means the carrier misses out on any payment, but the broker treatens to file a report. Sounds like someone is trying to powertrip and holding the carrier's equipment hostage.

DUNE-T Thanks this.
  10. tequesia2

Mar 14, 2019
    Shipper may not have had the room and receiver may have had multiple shipments meaning neither can will take it. You want to punish the broker for the truck not doing what it is contracted to do, right? Would it not be REASONABLE to keep your equipment in good working order? Would it be reasonable to require the truck to pay for the storage if they want it off their truck? Isi it not reasonable, if the carrier did take it back to the shipper, for the broker to make a freight guard report so next time a broker has a lane like this they can see the carrier's equipment has a history of breaking down and avoiding this headache on both sides?
    I agree it is a crappy situation for the carrier to be in, but it is the carrier's problem they took possession of the load and agreed to pick it up AND deliver it. Seems to me the BEST course if action for the carrier is to drop the trailer at their secure yard (or rent a space in one) and do Power only for a month. It also seems to me most of y'all want accountability for brokers but not for yourselves. But if I am mistake in any of this, please EXPLAIN THE LOGIC ON WHY IT IS THE BROKER'S FAULT THE CARRIER'S TRUCK BROKE DOWN. Because all I have seen is, "my truck wasn't maintained correctly so it broke down and now I don't want the consequences of taking the load back (getting it reported to FG) nor holding said load until the receiver can take it (next appt)." I am ready to admit I am wrong, but I don't see y'all's logic.

11. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    What is the product?

Concorde Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.