Missing front 2 tires on trailer, company says I can pull it?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Txklaw, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Would it be legal for a wrecker to pull it? I mean, I’ve seen them pull trailers backward, heck I’ve seen them pulling trailers with half the trailer missing so... seems like they are maybe exempt from the laws.

NavigatorWife and jamespmack Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Yes, again only to a repair facility or off load that is capable of said service.

Key words.

4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    First, we’re not getting the whole story. No way just your average blow out jacks the front axle up enough to warrant pulling all four wheels and tires from it. I bet he hit something, his company called road repair because his “blow out” was downplayed over the phone, repair truck shows up and realizes it’s a little more of a repair than can me done on site, and chains the axle up. His company probably wants him to drive to a repair shop where the front axle can be repaired properly.

But if none of that is the case and they just want you to run it then I’d be looking for another job.

And if what I typed above is somewhat true you might want to look for a different job anyway.

5. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Yellow pole?

baha, Roberts450, Bean Jr. and 4 others Thank this.
  6. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Construction cement dividers , Chicago style , could be a yellow pole hmmm.
    Used to call it rough day in the Windy.

jamespmack and bzinger Thank this.
  7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    If he runs that kind of weight on that one axle, chances are the remaining tire will not last if he is running over a few miles. I wouldn't do it.

8. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    you remember what ron white said about sears putting on his tires

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Depends on how far you gotta go to delivery.
    And the tires are all inflated to 110.

If you're close and go slow and don't have to worry about scales or cops. Go deliver.

Any farther then close and no Bueno.

TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  10. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Wow, at least my company asks me if I think I can drive somewhere safely and that's only with one blown tire, and I still say no way because it's flapping and damaging everything.

11. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    To the op, you most likely delivered the load so my post is moot but no matter you did it deliver it, you did it illegally and at great risk to your financial well being let alone took a chance of going to jail.

if you would have an accident with that rig, you would have been at fault for all of it. The company would have crapped all over you on that move, leaving you to take the punishment for the stupid move. Let alone, your accident if hurt someone would have the ambulance chasers suing you taking everything from you.

you could not even tow the trailer to the delivery, it would have to be unloaded to make it legal.

omaharj, p608, wis bang and 3 others Thank this.
  12. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    You tell them you can jump on a trampoline with a pogo stick too? Just because you can doesn't mean you should. I wouldn't drive that any further than out of traffic.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.