Mission- $5000 truck

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Scud Runner, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Scud Runner

Scud Runner Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Great Falls, MT.
    Haha yeah thanks for the link. I didn't pay attention to the no link rule myself. I guess if anybody finds something, or has something, PM me? :smt102

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scud Runner

Scud Runner Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Great Falls, MT.

I was wondering about that. I noticed a guy broke down last night along side of the highway. That happened to me once in a 00 Pete, it was a C-15 injector tip outside of Vegas. That was a million mile truck, and never had any electrical issues with the motor.

4. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    nobody ever pays attention to the link rule... lol.. it's rarely enforced

I'm begining to have problems with my freightliner. 05 with just under a half million. loose plug on the AC dryer was kicking the compressor in and out constantly and burned out the clutch and compressor..... When I turn left fast the fuel pedal starts cutting in and out......... when I'm cruising with the cruise on if I hit the top left corner of the dash the cruise kicks out (discovered that when I was beating up a dash rattle) also the cruise kicks out if I tilt the steering wheel when it's on.

I'd hate to see this truck with a millon miles although I'll probably still be paying on it by then

5. walleye

walleye Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Land of Cheese
    When I set the cruise on the company volvo sometimes it changes the radio station,...............Got to love all this electric crap,...

6. Mr. PlumCrazy

Mr. PlumCrazy Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Lexington NC
    walleye Thanks this.
  7. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    The company I drive for has four '05 Columbias with over 1.3 million on each of them, without any more rattles or weird problems than one with less than 500K.

8. Tankergirl80

Tankergirl80 GangstaGirl

Jan 7, 2009
    West Texas

Right..... I drove in silence for 2 months before all my whining and complaining and threatening to rip the wires out and jimmy rig something on my own finally got me me a radio.

All of our trucks (01 Freightliner FLD's) have weird problems and tons of rattles with about 800k. But they get beat up driving up and down the lease roads. Although, considering they rarely get oil changes or any preventative maintenance I think they've held up rather well.

9. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

you put a 2 in front of that 5,000 and ill sell ya the bad donkey, and all the gear

best part is im only 75 miles south of you

10. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    you mean there is something further north other then santa clause?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.