mistakes that let everyone know youre a rookie

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by dogchimp, Apr 23, 2013.

1. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

LOL I was needing to fuel and run and I came up behind a company driver of the company I was leased to and she was sitting in the fuel Island eating a subway. She did pull up when she saw me waiting but not far enough so I could get to the fuel pumps to fuel. I had to disturb her lunch to move on forward another few feet.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

Now I had to do this to get to a receiver. Even had a state Patrol following me but did not pull me over. But with that job I was driving in an 18 wheeler where no 18 wheelers needed to be. Funeral Homes and Cemeteries.

4. StayBusyTrucker

StayBusyTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2013
    I dont know if someone saud it on here yet but heres on for you.After your grueling 11 hrs of driving when it's late at night dont try and back into the last hard spot in the trk stop .If your tired hungry and sore the last thing you want to do is strain your mind thats when accidents/incidents happen make yourself a parking spot find a nice easy place to park so what if it says no parking or if your outta the lines most trk stops at night are so packed that someone is always blocking someone even if you have to move for someone its no big deal just ask and I will move.Remember this if it takes you 20 minutes to par people will talk t
    About you for 10 minutes after your done, if you hit someone while trying to park because you didnt get out to look people will talk about you all night..

NavigatorWife and DoneYourWay Thank this.
  5. buzz1670

buzz1670 Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2009
    ny
    Most drivers with half a brain wouldn't put themselves in this position.

6. StayBusyTrucker

Mar 25, 2013
    In what position are u referring to? And this is a thread for new drivers so they need to know what to watch out for if this does not pertain to you why worry about it..

7. StayBusyTrucker

Mar 25, 2013
    Oh thats right your NOT a driver..

toostroked Thanks this.
  8. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    The list is too big for the space here. Used up all my common sense about 10 yrs ago and now I have to rely on half-as skill and dumb luck. Which hasn't been going so well lately. I should take a refresher course but I prolly would flunk that too. I haven't drove a semi in years and never seen an Auto-truck. Have no idea what DEF,DAC,GPS or any of that other stuff is. Let's face it I'm a washed up has been that couldn't cut it at a real driving job.

9. StayBusyTrucker

Mar 25, 2013
    Wow you really are dating yourself.lol...

10. StayBusyTrucker

Mar 25, 2013
    Btw how did you get online? Did your grand babies buy you one of those darn fangled electronic boxes with funny words on it? JK...

11. eeb

eeb Heavy Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    He's dating himself, you're quoting yourself, what a country! :)

Pmracing and KF7WTV Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.