? MODERN cabover fleet

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Ops85, Sep 13, 2011.

1. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    so 50+ drivers out of how many? without statistical analysis all that means is that 50 drivers post about their experiences. That's the equivelant of drivers like this. There are drivers who would do this, but that doesn't mean they are the rule.

[ame="http://youtu.be/rwo0RFRI0aA"]http://youtu.be/rwo0RFRI0aA[/ame]

As far as "3rd world countries" look at what the US is becoming.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
  4. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    I lived in Europe for three years...and, I just recently was dating a Norwegian trucker who started his career in Norway, in COE Scanias. That would have been almost 30 years ago. Uh....just to clarify: he started his career almost 30 years ago.

But I don't know anything about them beyond that.

5. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Lived in Germany as a kid. Trust me, the Autobahn is not a small or narrow road. Plenty roads in England and France are huge and wide open. If you didn't see the signs (and the folks driving the wrong way), you'd swear it was an American freeway.

I'd love to drive a Scania or an Argosy. Just want to see what it's like, not to mention getting into tight spots would definitely be easier. As far as the looks, I don't give a rats ***. I'm in the thing to make money, not win beauty contests. I've seen a lot of the guys with beautiful hoods, all chromed up from their addiction to the chrome shop........ sitting in lots waiting for consignment sales.

When I finally succumb and buy a truck, it might be the ugliest looking pos on the road, but it WILL be aero, it WILL be fuel efficient, and it WILL be earning money. If it's a coe, which I've seen more of here in Charlotte lately, so be it. But I'd be worried about the fuel mileage on that flat face.

Blue Screen and Injun Thank this.
  6. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

Thats a #### nice looking truck! I think it's kinda small inside, but still.... I'd like to see the inside of a Scania. In Japan they have all those COE's and they decorate those things like a driver who just won the lottery let loose in a chrome shop!

:biggrin_2559:

Japanese drivers are deadly serious about their profession, too. Stand there and admire their rides and they'll pull you inside the truck for a tour, then THANK you for liking their truck!

:biggrin_25525:

Injun Thanks this.
  7. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    We had them for many years on a truck and trailer hauling gasoline. I've driven the ones that beat you to death but on a truck and trailer you can not tell the difference in the ride from a regular long nose. Plus they are much safer when going into a station. The only drawback we had was getting into them a million times a day.

8. jgent74

jgent74 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Columbus,Ohio
    There are a few contractors with FedEx that run the "newer" freightliner argosy cabovers for FedEx ground out of Portland Or. They mainly run triples with them.

9. seabring

seabring Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    So THATS were you get all your "knowledge" from.....the internet! Well if only we were all as "google" smart as you :biggrin_25513:

10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    ...needs a chrome grille.....

11. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    My first truck was a freightliner cabover. Had a doghouse in it. Actually had lots of sleeper space. Though I prefer conventional, cabovers are really fun to drive! Bad thing is your knees are the first thing at the scene of an accident!

I think if you want to drive cabovers you will have to go to Europe. They are still very popular over there. Probably due to small roads. You can back one up and turn on a dime!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.