Mokan-Distribution in Kansas City, Mo

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by ChuckMcD, Oct 14, 2007.

1. ChuckMcD

ChuckMcD Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Trust me drivers, theres no sour grapes here. I welcomed their rebuttal, just don't prevaricate. My rebuttal is true with no fabrication. If I have to lie I wouldn't write anymore. You be the judge drivers. Drivers have told me situations they've had with Mokan, and citations with equipment. That's hear say, I didn't mention any of that, it wouldn't be ethical. Courts don't recognize it. Every thing I rebutted too is true and I'd swear to it.

No Sour Grapes Here!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Ok, the facts are here: http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/query.as...g=MO-KAN DISTRIBUTION SERVICE INC#Inspections

11 out of service on 33 inspections. Thats pretty high.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Fine. Just be aware that you are being watched, and no management-type funny business will be tolerated.

Oh, well. Get over it. This is a website by drivers and for drivers. WE run the show here.

Granted, all are welcome to post and speak their minds here, but you'd be well advised not to insult drivers where they live.

Okay. First of all, we do not allow the posting of last names here, whether it's someone elses, or your own.

Forgive me for what might be an incorrect assumption, but I will assume for the moment that you've never drove a truck before. If the slide rails were bent like he described, sliding tandem assemblies becomes a #### near impossible chore, especially while loaded.l

From what I've read here, that trailer was most of the way there already. I'll bet it didn't even pull straight, did it?

Nor should you. That's what insurance is for, and it sounds like that trailer wasn't worth much to begin with.

...and that is your choice.

I think you're lying here. I suspect that he did "check his equipment". You do have to go back there to attempt to release the lock pins. But if the trailer is older than Methusalah, the subframe is rusted, and your trying to haul 40k loads on it, things are gonna break.

And what qualifies you to determine what he "thought"? Just what sort of management type are you?

In the absence of more information, and pursuant to my previous point, I'm calling B.S. on this one too. Maybe he did call. How do you know he didn't call, unless you are a dispatcher?

I'll give you this one, if in fact it is true. If he heard the noise, or saw sparks flying he should have stopped to take a look.

They might not have blew at the same time. It's possible when the first one blew he stopped to look, and the second blew shortly thereafter, which is likely to happen.

It would be a little hard to "not know" that. There would be several signs, not the least of which would be a sharp increase in activity on the CB.

Oh, no you don't. From what I've read here, your equipment is already in bad condition, before Mr M. got it.

Now who are trying to kid with this statement? That's standard procedure for most companies that pay hourly. Drop the benevolent facade.

Most, if not all drivers, myself included, prefer to get our work done first before we "stop and unwind".

It sounds like he was "short on time" quite frequently, which doesn't cast this particular comapny's management in a good light.

I don't know him, so I can't speak to that. But it sounds like he had an awful lot to complain about.

Now this really insults my intelligence. You have the colossal nerve to come here and speak to us of "holding out facts"?

I don't think so. Notice the post by our fellow staff member, Bullhauller'swife, who was helpful enough to provide some of your safety info. 11 shutdowns out of 33 inspections?

Sure pal, it's definetely because of Mr. M that your equipment is in bad shape, NOT!!

What would have us believe next? That Mr M and Mr M alone was solely responsible for each and every one of those deadlines? Nope, not gonna fly.

I'll tell you this much, 11 shutdowns out of 33inspections is ridiculous. I won't even bother to look you guys up on SafeStat because what I'm likely to find may be chilling.

So, whoever and whatever you may be, I don't think you're dealing off the top of the deck here. Is Mr M a model driver? Probably not, but your credibility is by no means any better than his.

5. jdrentzjr

jdrentzjr Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    Inlight of the facts now before me, I choose to believe Mr. M... and think he should encourage a friendly visit by the MDOT.

6. ChuckMcD

ChuckMcD Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Kansas City, Kansas
    One driver mentioned the speed I was traveling when tandems broke loose, I was traveling less than 5 mph, and yes I had to apply trailer brake, can you slide tandems any other way. The lot I was in wasn't long enough. Brakes not holding was another issue. Perhaps some of you drivers should work for a company that has equipment like this, where simple turn runs can turn into an all day affair due to working with equipment that's sub standard, inferior. As I mentioned earlier from Kansas City, Missouri to St. Louis Missouri and back to Kansas City could be 14 to 16 hours a day. As I also mentioned, the dispatcher would attempt to dispatch me before my 10 hours off duty was up. There's an expression drivers, (you don't know how my water tastes until you've drank from my well) Check this companies violations with MDOT you'll get better insight.

7. Iraqvet

Iraqvet Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Ashtabula Ohio
    11 out of 33 is a disgraceful number!I am sure there are worse,but there PLENTY that are better.Any company that has 1 out of 3 trucks shut down is a joke of a company!I am gonna have to give it to ChuckMcD for staying as long as he did.I wouldnt have stayed a hot minute..Just shows you really have to do your home work before you take the job.While we dont know all the facts,and after seeing their saftey scores,I think the driver wasnt lying about how bad their equipment was,or how bad they were forced to drive illegal.Kinda sounds like this place is owned by JB or werner!I wonder where the company representative went lol?

8. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Amen to that! Disgraceful is right. And I'm betting that the Company rep won't be back, because he can't refute the cold hard facts from the government. :biggrin_2558:

9. DaveinKC

DaveinKC Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Ks
    I've seen their trucks & they're tore up.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Interestingly enough, he hasn't been back since his one post.

11. TRHofKC

TRHofKC Bobtail Member

May 5, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I'll respond to each of your points and then I am done. I don't have time to check this everyday, as I have a company to run.

#1 I don't know that kind of "management-type funny business" you refer to. I just wanted to get bot sides of the story out so that we have equal representation when someone is sladering our company. Thanks to jdrentzjr for looking past one person's side of the story before rendering an opinion.

#2 I'm not hurt by ChuckMcD's opinions, but I thought that even drivers that have formed bad opinions of some trucklines would appreciate "the rest of the story".

#3 I'm sorry for posting the original poster's name, but I don't think he has anything to hide.

#4 I am not arguing that the slide rails were bent or not, but I do know, eventhought I haven't driven a truck, that there are alternatives to locking down the trailer brakes to get them to slide. We have often times sent our drivers, including ChuckMcD, to a shop to get help in having them slid. I would rather pay a shop, which would keep the tandems from coming out, than a tow truck to pick the trailer up off the street.

#5 I am surprised that someone who doesn't pass judgment, is quick to say that the sliders are bent without a professional mechanics opinion. All of our trailers that are sent out on dispatch are checked thoroughly before leaving the yard by a professional trailer mechanic.

#6 I hope you are reading my response with sincerity & respect. It doesn't look good when a response is strictly sarcastic.

#7 It is our choice to make our drivers accountable for their actions, otherwise they don't learn. And even a driver with 20+ years of experience can learn.

#8 In the case of the sliding of the trailer tandems, that would fall under the "didn't call his dispatcher for instructions" catagory. If he had, he would have been instructed to take it to the shop for help.

#9 I stated that he "thought" it was standard procedure, because this is the story he provided upon arrival at the terminal. He stated that the prior occasion he was instructed to limp it in, so he passed on calling and did as he was instructed to do the previous incident. The problem with this "thought" is, that every incident is different, and he ruined a set of wheels. I am the kind of management that listens to the driver's story.

#10 I know he didn't call, because he admited to not calling, and his dispatcher reports to me, and I asked around if anyone had spoken with him. I don't just guess.

#11 He knew that at least 1 tire blew. He should have gotten out as soon as he found a safe place to stop. When the wheels were riding the ground he should have noticed the sparks. An attentive driver would at some point in the 30-35 miles.

#12 Except that he admitted to not stopping to look. One wouldn't know unless he got out to look.

#13 Thank you for seeing at least part of my point.

#14 Again relying only on opinion. And let me make the point that equipment can be older and not be in bad condition.

#15 That is your preference, but we believe that drivers are better off to take some time in the middle. If he didn't want to take his lunch in the middle he could make the request of his dispatcher or take his lunch at the end.

#16 He was consistantly short on time, due to taking longer to get things done, but he was not penalized for this.

#17 Again relying on strickly opinion of one side. I can make a complaint about anything, but it doesn't make it true.

#18 If my company had a record that the DOT thought was hazardous to others, they would be inspecting every truck that passes a weigh station. They would come in and do an inspection of our operations. They would revoke our prepass. They would change our satisfactory rating. Our trucks may not be the nicest looking, but they do the job and they are safe.

You are obviously bias to believing the driver's side of the story because you are a driver on a "Message board for drivers by drivers" I know there are drivers with sense. They probably even read your message board. It is readers like jdrentzjr who are understanding of the other side of the story. Thank you to those like jdrentzjr. Seek the whole truth. This is my last word.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.