Money saver tips for Cascadia DD15

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by mhyn, Oct 29, 2016.

1. traderpats

traderpats Light Load Member

May 24, 2013
    Oregon
    Well ####....thanks again anyways.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Freeliner

Freeliner Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2016
    I have a coolant leak from egr actuator.is their a fix for that

4. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    yes. read my first post. I have described what to do.

5. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    please read these two pages. Every time at oil change PERSONALLY check the bypass valve on standpipe. if its broken change it asap.

6. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    Melted DPF.png

can you recognize this part? :)
    Melted core of DD15 DPF. how this happened? The driver let engine idling at night. it was cold out there. :-( Some of fuel did not burn completely (this calls fuel absorbent) and sit there in DPF. When he started driving overheating happened in 1 box because of burning fuel and melted the core. This story I read at DTNA tech talk. So to avoid this situation your truck must be programmed. The feature called ' Auto Elevation' must be enabled in MCM/CPC. the feature rises idling speed of engine to burn absorbed fuel in 1 Box when needed. Trucks come from factory 'Auto Elevate' disabled.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  7. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    few days ago my friend called and said I am sitting on shoulder . he said oil is gone from engine. the tube which goes under turbo (oil outlet line) was cracked. the truck is 2011 Cascadia DD15. he was lucky it happened just west of Okla city. The road service fixed his truck fast and according to him Detroit have new updated turbo oil outlet line. So if you see that line is getting oily stop and change it otherwise it will cost you $1000 on shoulder.

8. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    BC most gliders are priced significantly higher and backordered badly. Plus the ports and other shippers and states are starting to drop the hammer on the emissions loophole trucks.

Who told you the isx holds up?

The Detroit and Volvo motors way outlive the average isx that needs a in frame between 600-800k
    The DD13 and D13 motors often go 1.3-1.6 million before a in frame

Maxfarce are just garbage brand new , any mileage. Lol

bossboy2 and mhyn Thank this.
  9. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    #### what a day :) Obama check, Putin mate ! Barry Hussein Al Obama losses . :D
    Barry why you started this game? you know you will be in palace until jun 20 :confused:

From my entire neighborhood I was the only person who voted for Trump... I am naturalized citizen and don't like USA liberals !
    Sorry for off top and Happy New Year !

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  10. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
  11. OneTwentyOne

OneTwentyOne Light Load Member

May 19, 2016
    Thanks for the note, I noticed my turbo oil outlet line leaking. Quick question, as I am limited at my mechanical skills. It appears like an easy R&R - two bolts from center turbo housing and two bolts from the engine cylinder block, plus the o-ring and gasket - am I missing anything? I hate having to overpay for a quick fix. thanks,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.