Monthly Parking in Frederick Md.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by DelLaz, Dec 8, 2019.

1. DelLaz

DelLaz Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Hello,
    Looking at moving to Frederick, Md.. But it is imperative to find a monthly parking spot for a tractor trailer.
    Anyone out there have any info?
    Thank you

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That region has been developed, paved over and so on. I cannot find a legal parking spot there anymore and I looked fairly recently.

DelLaz Thanks this.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    There is a Super8 motel behind the Costco there that has a truck lot. Call them and ask. I know there used be be several dropped trailers there. Don't know about any kind of security there though.

DelLaz Thanks this.
  5. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    AC&T in Hagerstown has paid monthly parking. Sure it’s a half hour away, but so is my truck and both have Orlando addresses. Actually mine is 40 minutes and 28 miles from my house.

DelLaz Thanks this.
  6. DelLaz

DelLaz Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Are there many owner operators based in Frederick, Md.?

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There are some. But they own homes with enough land and resources to put their own tractor trailer on it. And far enough out of city limits so that they can do so without the picky nosey neighbors raising a stink about it. When we were company drivers we had space to put our assigned rig up at the house here in Arkansas so no biggie.

The Costco mentioned literally is the defined property lot of the former 76 independant truckstop. Turn something that benefits the local economy into a parasite mooching spending and increasing debt from society in the area.

Be careful if you take that exit, there is a State School for the deaf a few blocks down that road. I don't think that particular street is ever rated for heavy loaded 18 wheelers. Its getting pretty ancient by now what with the old water mains and such.

DelLaz Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.